Monthly Archives: February 2009

Scandalous

http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2009/20090211135318.aspx

Democrats are using their new-found power as a club to beat everyone who disagrees into submission.  Senator Reid and Rep Nancy Pelosi have not permitted any Republican input to legislation.  Democrats hold up 3 of the most liberal Republicans who joined them as examples of bipartisanship in progress.

Ha ha.  Bipartisanship means you ask the other party to be INVOLVED in the creation of legislation.  You allow them to forward AMENDMENTS.  But, that is not how Pelosi and Reid work.

It is scandalous!

“Share” the wealth, by Senator Schurmer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEfICUoWKBw

There might be some Americans who don’t care about the “itty bitty” pork Senator Schurmer mentions.  But I bet they are on the receiving end, and not the taking end!  Ask anyone who already pays taxes if they want to pay more !  Then, ask someone who does NOT pay taxes if they care if someone else pays more taxes.  Guess who will favor more taxes?

If Senator Schurmer really believes in sharing,  why doesn’t he dig into his own pockets and pay for the pork?  Come on, Senator, share YOUR wealth!

Obama — about as suave as President Ford

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/photo//090209/480/f19c16d7ff4443acb94e3c4c452de228/

Remember how the media ridiculed President Ford for slipping on a step?  Well, here’s a Democratic President who forgot to duck and hit his head.  Is the media making a similar fuss about it?

No?  Oh, that’s right.  This is a Democratic President and Democrats can do no wrong!

Let’s hope that  the knock on the head will knock some sense into President Obama’s noggin!

Roger Barnett, American land owner

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/feb/09/16-illegals-sue-arizona-rancher/

Let’s see.  The illegal immigrants KNEW it was not their land.  That makes them trespassers!

The illegal immigrants KNEW they were trying to sneak into this country illegally.  That makes them criminals!

The rancher KNEW it was his land.  That makes him the owner!

The rancher KNEW illegals had damaged his property before.  That makes his actions justified!

And, who is suing whom?  Why, of course.  The illegal criminals are suing the legal owner of the land they trespassed across when they tried to illegally enter America.

In today’s America, it makes perfect sense!

McCain — standing firm against governmental excess

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0209/18500.html

Finally, a Republican fights back against the ridiculous, and growing even more ridiculous, stimulus package that President Obama and the Democrats are proposing….and trying to shove down their fellow legislators’ throats!

The way to end a recession, folks, is to cut spending and thus taxes so people have more money in their pockets.  Taking money out of our pockets and redirecting it to someone else is basically stealing from Peter to pay Paul!

President Obama — Wrong about the economy!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/feb/04/cbo-obama-stimulus-harmful-over-long-haul/

I wonder if President Obama is listening to anyone except Democrats like Senator Reid?  Why doesn’t he call the Congressional Budget Office and ask their opinion?  If he did, he would find out that the CBO is OPPOSED to tObama’s stimulus package and says it would hurt the economy!  Read ’em and weep.

Senator Reid’s Ignorance Exposed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7mRSI8yWwg

Watching Senator Reid trying to deny that taxes are forced on the American public is like trying to watch a snake swallow itself!  He tries to divert the question of “are taxes forced on the American Public”  with explanations about deductability of homes, etc.  When Reid is asked how civil and criminal penalties are NOT proof of taxes being forced on Americans, he says that he doesn’t agree with the “phraseology”, i.e., “you’re asking a question and I don’t like it so I will challenge the question!”

And, this is the guy leading the charge for the bailout for just about anyone who needs money, except those of us taxpayers who are routinely paying our taxes?!  This guy, with his political meandering, should NOT be in charge of anything, except maybe his dog!  Well, maybe the dog would resent that!  Based on this convoluted argument from Senator Reid, he should just go home, sit down, and be “seen but not heard.”

Fear Mongering

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090205/ap_on_go_pr_wh/congress_stimulus_126

Times are tough and many of us know it.  We know it because we have friends and family who are laid off, due to the economic downturn.  And, everyone wants the economy to bounce back so our dear ones can go back to work.

However, President Obama’s knee jerk reaction to what is a cyclical downturn of the economy — something that happens over and over — is not going to fix the problem.  Spending tax dollars will NOT  stimulate companies to increase production nor encourage business to start hiring again.  Spending us into oblivion and a national debt that will never be repaid will only create more taxes which, in turn, depresses business.

In a recession, it is important to lower taxes so business is competitive with the world economy.  Then, they can hire more people.  Once people are working again, they spend money.  In turn, businesses hire MORE people to provide the products that working people are asking for.  Just because we are in a dip in the road now does not mean that the road leads to disaster.

Through this stimulus (bailout) bill, Obama is trying to scare us into enacting more governmental programs and he is using the economic downturn as the stick.    He threatens dire consequences if this particular budget bill is not passed.  But, do we really need the foolishness that this bill encompasses?  Do we need to rebuild facilities leased by the government?  Do we need to create MORE governmental agencies, such as Universal Health Care?  Do we need to bailout industries that are outdated and uncompetitive?  Do we really need to pay more taxes so that someone else can decide where our money goes?

Even if you believe in bigger government, this stimulus bill is stuffed full of Lieberal programs!  It was meant to boost the economy, but the first bailouts have had little effect.  Democrats have succeeded in frightening people into believing that we are heading into disastrous economic times and they use this fear to try to hustle an unread, undiscussed bill with enormous consequences through Congress.  The President would have us believe that there is no time to discuss the bill, much less read it!  Considering that the bill is reaching toward the trillions, this is not only arrogant, but it is stupid.  The President and the Democrats exemplify politics at its worst.

Obama should be using the presidency to boost morale and to encourage business, not follow the nonsensical Democratic theory of  spend, spend, spend.  And, if the Democrats won’t listen to reason, Obama must ride roughshod over his own party.  Otherwise, his calls for instantaneous passage of the stimulus bill is nothing more than fear mongering at its worst.

What happened to Bill Gates?

It’s always good for the world when philanthropists help charities or other people out.  But, on occasion, these philanthropists  become so strident in their viewpoint that they become a caricature of what charity should be.    Sometimes, people like Bill Gates are downright ridiculous.

Here is an example of arrogance cloaked in generosity:

Bill Gates Unleashes Swarm of Mosquitoes on Crowd

Feb. 4: Bill Gates opens a jar of mosquitoes at TED2009.

Microsoft founder turned philanthropist Bill Gates released a glass full of mosquitoes at an elite technology conference to make a point about the deadly disease malaria.

“Malaria is spread by mosquitoes,” Gates said while opening a jar onstage at the Technology, Entertainment, Design Conference — a gathering known to attract technology kings, politicians, and Hollywood stars.

“I brought some. Here I’ll let them roam around. There is no reason only poor people should be infected.”

First reported on social networking site Twitter, Facebook’s Senior Platform Manager Dave Morin blogged, “Bill Gates just released mosquitos into the audience at TED.”

Gates then waited a minute or so before assuring the audience the freed insects were malaria-free.

The unusual presentation on malaria prevention was confirmed by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s media office. A spokesman said the insects released were not carrying malaria.

Gates retired as head of Microsoft last year to focus more on his foundation. One of its key projects is ending malaria and it has spent millions on fighting the disease.

The philanthropist has been pushing to reduce malaria deaths through the nonprofit. In September, Gates announced that the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation would provide $168.7 million to the PATH Malaria Vaccine Initiative to help develop a vaccine for the deadly disease.