Monthly Archives: January 2014

Obama Promises

Well, another State of the Union address is upon us.  So, what is President Obama going to promise this time?

Like Miss America applicants, Obama promises what  no one can oppose.

World peace?  Oh, yes, please.

Full employment?  Absolutely.

Unifying the country?  Wonderful.

Better education for our children?  Yes.

Protecting us from terrorism?  Definitely.

Who can argue with these grandiose dreams that Obama promises?  None of us could, or would.  Everyone hopes all of these ideas are fulfilled.  However, the problem is NOT that President Obama proposes these goals.  The problem  is that he has promised all of them before and he has produced NONE of them.

Besides, we EXPECT our President to work towards these goals.  To pretend that these are new or novel goals is ridiculous.  To pretend that he is saying something new is ridiculous.  To pretend that even he believes what he says is ridiculous.

On the surface, this State of the Union address  will promise much, but deliver little.  Democrats will jump up and applaud as if the President had solved World Hunger.  Know, though, that it is all a sham…..a show to entice voters into believing that Obama knows how to correct the problems facing America.  But, in the end, he will be speaking empty words….giving us promises he will never be able to keep.

Promises, promises, promises.  In reality, Obama’s promises are like  the Wisconsin snows which  come and go — every year  —  AND, in the spring, they melt away into nothingness.

So, beware!  This time, don’t let Obama’s promises “snow” YOU!

Racism rears its ugly head again…

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-19/obama-says-racial-animus-may-soften-support-new-yorker-reports.html

“There’s no doubt that there’s some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black president,” Obama said in the article by David Remnick, appearing in the magazine’s Jan. 27 edition.

President Obama has routinely used racism as a straw man to attack whenever something “ails” him,  his agenda, or whenever he finds himself in a tight spot.

He’s in a very tight spot today.  His Obama-scare is failing.  You know.  The great plan that Americans would love if they only understood it.  America’s approval in the world is lying in shreds.  You know.  The great plan Obama had that he would “talk” with those foreign countries and they would all lie down and lick his feet.  The American public’s approval of him and his ridiculous Obama-scare, along with its roll out,  is dropping day by day.  You know.  Democrats and Obama think that Americans are so dumb that they won’t notice that Obama-scare raises their taxes, their insurance premiums, AND, reduces the quality of their health care.  Unemployment, especially those who have given up finding work, is sky high. You know.  The unemployed are your friends and neighbors who WANT to work, but can’t find it thanks to the terrible economy.  Democrats, his own party, are distancing themselves from him.  You know.  Democrats are the party that claimed to know everything, including what is best for you. The CIA, FBI, IRS, and who knows who else are spying on you.  You know every government bureaucrat is tracking you.  Wait.  Actually, you didn’t know!

As America’s dreams fade into the sunset,  it is finally dawning on Americans that Obama hasn’t a clue about anything.  Finally, it is dawning on Americans that Obama is a loser.  And, finally, it is dawning on us that, because he is a loser, so are we.

So, what is his solution?

As always, Obama chooses to save his own skin, no matter the cost nor the risk of creating further divisions among the American public.  He WANTS to stoke up claims of racism because that false battle cry will almost always bring out his base.  He chooses to further divide Americans by inciting the specter of racism…..NOT because there is any basis for that claim;  but, because he doesn’t know any other way to fight.

Democrats have been successful through the years by dividing the electorate.  Class warfare and claims of racism are the two pillars of the traditional Democrats’ strategy.  When President Obama claims that his approval ratings are sinking because of racism, he ignores the fact that non-Black people helped elect him….twice!  He ignores the fact that, while he is black, he is also white.  Would he claim that his approval rating is dropping because Blacks don’t want a white President?  Of course not.  That would sound almost as ridiculous as his claim that “people don’t want a Black President”.

His claim about racism is a real sign of desperation because everyone knows that true racism is ugly and can  NOT be tolerated.  True racism must be destroyed.  Charges of racism should not be trotted out just as a political ploy because such charges can cause untold misery to many.

The good news is that racism is not the prevailing attitude in America.  In the rest of the world, though, racism causes more misery and slaughter than America ever witnessed.  Look at the Middle East where Suniis and Shiites fight each other daily.  In Africa, tribes destroy other tribes for trivial reasons.  Al Quaida bombs anyone who even looks askance at Islam.  Those are the areas which President Obama could reasonably label as racist.  But, NOT America….at least, not now.

The bad news is that, if President Obama insists upon crying “wolf” , i.e., racism, every time he needs a fix in the polls, he will encourage conflict in America. He knows that the charge of racism creates conflict, and, yet, he still brings it out when he needs a boost.  He , of all people, should be above using this hideous charge just to improve his own image.  And, we should expect our President to ignore the polls and show more strength of character and to improve America, not to divide Americans.

So, let’s not let racism rear its ugly head again.  It’s obvious that Obama’s  low approval ratings are the result of his own disastrous ineptness and poor choices, not the reaction to who his mother or father were.  No one can honestly say that Americans care whether he is black, white, purple or green.  We all just want him to be a good President.

I Spy

Remember the old I Spy game from when we were kids?   It was an innocuous game meant to improve your observational skills.  We all played it and had fun.  Nowadays,  if you said, “I spy”, everyone would think you work for the government of the United States.

Unfortunately, that is NOT a joke…..not with all the revelations of how our government continuously and ceaselessly spies on us.  It’s ironic that our own government feels it can spy on us because most of us do NOT spy on others and we would resent anyone who did.  We do NOT spy on our friends or neighbors.  We  might listen to gossip.  We might overhear someone’s conversation, especially if they are shouting into their cell phone in the grocery store.  Or, we might see someone’s email, if it is part of a forwarded email.  But, most Americans  DO NOT purposely spy on anyone.  In fact, most Americans try to avoid intruding on someone’s privacy.  It’s just the right thing to do.  If you believe you yourself have the right to privacy, you certainly expect others to have that same right.  But, the right to privacy has eroded to the point where there is NO privacy.  And, the government obviously believes they have the right to anyone’s personal information, WITHOUT even a court order.  And, worse, no one has to tell you that you are being spied upon.

Medical records used to be known only to you and your doctor.  Now, they are just another computer file and anyone who really wants to see what you “have”, can do so.   Nurses, aides, insurance companies are all privy to YOUR medical records.  And, with Obama-scare and its unsecured system and navigators, some of whom are known criminals, you can expect to see your test results posted online at some point in the future.  Even humiliating conditions will be coming to the Big Screen.  You know it.  I know it.  Obama knows it.  The difference is that we care about our privacy and Obama doesn’t.  He and his Lieberal friends just want a political victory.  And, if the price of victory is an end to your privacy, so be it.

While the march to invade privacy began long ago, it has accelerated in the past 2-3 years.

When my generation was growing up, your Social Security number was sacrosanct and could NOT be used by anyone but you…and then, only for a very few purposes.  Then, colleges started combining social security numbers into the student ID system.  And, soon, every time you turned around, someone somewhere was demanding your Social Security number.

Student grades used to be between the student, teacher and the student’s parents.  Today, those grades are posted on the school’s computer system…………….and, pretty much anyone with access to a computer can find those grades.

Financial information used to be highly secure.  Our bank used to have an “in house” system that only the officers could access.  Then, the government began demanding that routine reports be transmitted via the internet.  Even though the banks have attempted to provide a secure connection to the Feds’ system, there is always a chance that someone could hack into information that leaves the bank.  Look at Target and the other huge institutions recently who have lost countless reams of their customers’ private information and you’ll understand that NO computer network is ever entirely secure.

These instances of loss of privacy are not only scary but offensive to Americans.  There might be occasions when the government does need to secretly obtain information;  however,  there has been a quantum leap in what our very own government now knows about each and everyone of us.  And, almost always, without our permission!   They spy on everything.  Whether it’s the CIA, the FBI, your local police, or “just” the camera in the stop lights, it seems that someone is always watching you!  Your computer camera can watch you.  A few days ago, someone reported that even a tv can watch you.  Your emails and telephone and cell phone are routinely monitored.  And, for those foolish enough to post private information on Facebook or Twitter, you might as well stand naked in the town square because your life is definitely an open book.

President Obama would have us believe that spying on American citizens is not a big deal.  If that were true, his birth certificate, college grades, and maybe even someone who recognized him from college, would be public knowledge.  It is interesting that only OUR information is considered open to public purview.

Isn’t it time that we Americans take a little closer look at President Obama, his disregard for our rights under the Constitution, and even the politicians who support his continuing actions which erode our Country’s legacy of law and order?  Shouldn’t personal privacy,  an integral part of the Constitution of the United States and  intrinsic  to the welfare of our citizens, be of greater importance?

I believe that it’s time for us to start playing I Spy again.  Only this time, let’s “spy” on those who would invade our privacy.  Let’s make sure that everything they say and anything they do becomes public so we know what they are really up to.  If all of our history is available to the government, then, let’s make the government’s information public, too.  And, let’s start with the politicians who refuse to safeguard our privacy.

I Spy.  Do you?