Walk like a man…..

The other night, my husband and I enjoyed The Jersey Boys broadway show.  We’ve seen it before and we’ve enjoyed it before.  My favorite song from the show is “Walk like a Man”.

And, I was not the only one singing along with the group.  Since many of the crowd were my age, and Fanki Valli was very popular with my generation, that shouldn’t surprise anyone.

But, as my husband and I were reminiscing about the show, it occurred to me that the song represents more than just a song from days gone by.  Walk like a Man is what every man should be free to do and every boy should aspire to be.  To walk like a man is to be strong, upright, protective of the weak, and willing to stand up for certain principles.

Unfortunately, the Lie-berals have decided that those qualities of Manhood are a hostile concept.  According to them, being strong, like a man, is no longer what little boys should strive for.   In Lie-berals’ world, war, pestilence, and every bad thing in the world today can be attributed to “Man”.  Their claim is that women should rule the world because they are “better” and would create a kinder, gentler world.

But, is that true?  Is there no redeeming value in Manhood? I think there is.

Strong men have protected the world throughout history.  In a hostile world, sheer physical strength was the only protection for the weak.  And, whether the Feminists accept the idea or not, generally speaking, an average man is stronger than an average woman.  Whether every man is a good and true person is not the point.  What is significant is that men have ruled the world because strength was the only way to survive.

So, men have been, and always will be essential to a strong society.  And, their strength is not their only good quality.

Of course, I might be biased because the men I have known are good people, just like many of the women I have known.  Our daughter and sons are all vital to our family’s well-being and assets to society in many ways.  It would be wrong to decide that our sons are of less value than our daughter simply because they are men.  They, like my husband, are good, strong, thoughtful men who stand up for their convictions.

I think that is why I like President Trump.  He is not some mealy-mouthed politician who talks out of both sides of his mouth.   He says what he thinks…clearly, and without ambiguity. He is not afraid to stand up for what he believes in.  In effect, he “Walks like a Man”.

And,that is what will make America great again.

Genetic diversity and Intelligence

Ever since Jimmy the Greek lost his popularity because he claimed that Blacks had a physical advantage due to a quirk in their genetic makeup, it has been difficult to talk about genetic diversity among the races. The subject has always been rejected as “racism” even when some facts, like sickle cell anemia, being a “black” problem, are indisputably related to race.

However, Michael Barone  writes about a genetic study that “proves” there IS a difference in intelligence between the races.  But, as if to excuse the temerity in agreeing with the gist of the study, Mr. Barone offsets the idea that Asians, as a group, might be more intelligent than Caucasians and whites more intelligent than Blacks with the fact that an individual of any race could be smarter than an individual of another race. Of course, that is true. However, as proof of that, he offers how smart former President Obama is. The correlation is that a black man, Obama, is very smart so the genetic study is NOT trying to condemn all blacks as less intelligent. But, why use Obama as an example of a smart black man? Where is the proof of that?

It is obvious why the media and Libs would promote that theory as one of the “many” reasons Obama was elected. However, according to Obama himself, he was a mediocre student. I’ve read several articles that claim he was not only a mediocre student, but a lackluster assistant professor and then, an even more ordinary Senator. Despite this, we are told that Obama was “smart”. Where is the proof that he was/is smart? He, and his university, refuse to release his grades which might prove how intelligent he was.

So, maybe Obama is super smart. Maybe he is not. My complaint is that the media continue to promote him as a very smart guy when there is little factual basis for that claim.

There are any number of black people who better deserve the accolade of being very smart. Better examples of blacks who are smart might have included Justice Clarence Thomas or Condaleeza Rice or Charles Payne or Dr. Carson. But, other than having had the luck to be the right black man at a given time in history does NOT make Obama a smart man. It makes him lucky, but not smart. And, by using him as an example, it seems to do an injustice to those blacks who are, indeed, very smart. And, who by the way, earned their titles through their own effort and brain power….and did not rely upon the luck of their draw.

Russia’s interference

For months now, the Democrats have been pushing the theory that the Russians colluded with Trump’s campaign to influence the 2016 election.  For months now, there has been no evidence of any collusion.  But, of course, that hasn’t stopped the Dems from desperately looking for Russian bogeymen everywhere.  And, unsurprisingly, when they can’t find bogeymen, they try to manufacture rumors to attack  President Trump with planned leaks and obnoxious innuendo.

In this case, the old “be careful what you ask for”  applies to the Democrats.  Why?  Their hysterical efforts to undermine President Trump’s agenda might have slowed its progress;  but, Trump is still moving it along through sheer grit and determination.

And, the Democrats, through their own actions, have given the Russians what the Russians wanted — dissension in America.

Because, by continuously slandering our President, the Dems undercut the Spirit of America.  And, when the Democrats divide us,  the Russians conquer us.  Remember “United we stand.  Divided we fall.”

It is beyond sad that the Democrats, by pursuing their own, self-serving agenda are actually destroying the very country, and people, they pretend to care about.  Ironically, their their determination to rule over America, through any means, is not much different than the Russians, is it?   Reagan warned us of the “Bear in the Forest”.  And, most Americans are equally suspicious of that “Bear”.

But maybe, just maybe,  we are worried about the wrong bear in the forest.  Because, Democrats are lurking everywhere…spewing hateful rhetoric………..hoping to divide our citizenry so they can win elections.  It’s sad and dangerous for them…….and all of us.

So, Russian interference? Why should they  bother to interfere when the Democrats will do the dirty work for them?

Sore Losers

I have never been a fan of Jimmy Carter even though the media lauds him and his post-Presidential activities.  Some of those activities, like his work with Habitat for Humanity, are commendable.  Some of his Presidential choices, like giving away the Panama Canal when most Americans were against it, were a usurpation of his Presidential authority. You would think that he would have learned that America disagreed with him when he lost his second Presidential bid.  But, no, he continues to lecture –or is it hector — us?. Whatever you call it, that holier than thou attitude  is beginning to pall on most of us.

Maybe he did know better than us.  Maybe he did not.

However, although we believe in Freedom of Speech, and he has the right to speak his mind, there is a standard for Good Manners which  many of us in Fly-Over territory still appreciate.  So, when former  President Carter calls our current President a “jerk”,  is there any excuse for such bad manners? How does his insulting comment help our country?  Does he care whether he is aiding and abetting our enemies by denigrating the man who now sits in the Oval Office?   One wonders  if his Momma ever taught him good manners.

Unfortunately, Democrats are more interested in knocking President Trump down than whether their speech and actions are good for America or not.  Their group mentality, if there is anything mental involved in their attitudes, is relentlessly set in the direction of destroying President Trump.  So, they undoubtedly will snicker and applaud Carter for going on a radical, Lieberal (yes, lying) tv show and insulting the man elected to return America to greatness.

It is so out of the bounds of common decency!  When will good manners return to the public arena?  When will Democrats start acting as they should and when will they begin promoting the public good and not their own political careers?  Who or what  is  served by Carter  throwing public insults at Conservatives and President Trump?  Maybe he learned those bad manners from the most recent Democrat who lost, Hillary Clinton.  I mean, come on.  How does it help America when Schumer and Pelosi viciously attack the President of the United States?

It’s sad to see that many Democrats act like children, bullying others because, with the media support, there are no consequences for them acting like thugs.  Just like the worst of the schoolyard bullies whom we all want  to keep from hurting others, they rally around even the worst among them and promote their hateful agenda of destruction.  It’s worse than childish.  It’s poisonous to America.  So, I hope Democrats will start acting like mature adults and actually begin helping President Trump.

Unfortunately, I fear that will never happen.  Why?  Because, they are NOT statesmen nor stateswomen.

No, like Jimmy Carter and Hillary Clinton and Al Gore,  they are sore losers!

Captain, May I?

“Captain, may I?” is a child’s game that many of us “oldies” played when we were children.  Our grandchildren still play it on occasion. Though it was a children’s game, it reinforced the idea that, sometimes, someone else can tell you what to do.  After all, Captains of ships are the final authority in everything that occurs onboard a ship.

The game taught my generation to accept that someone else might be our boss.  And, if they were, we had to obey them!

The President is the Captain of the Ship of State…..that “State” being the United States of America.  Yes, there are three co-equal branches of government with authority for different functions lying with each branch.  The Judiciary adjudicates all legal issues.  The Congress is responsible for creating legislation which the President must either sign or veto and the Judiciary weighs that legislation against the Constitution of the United States.  Each branch has equal authority in its own realm.  However, the President essentially  is the one who runs the country.

The Cabinet, chosen by the President, and confirmed by Congress, does advise the President.  But, they also serve at the “pleasure of the President”  Everyone knows this.  Everyone also knows that, though diverse opinions should be presented to the President, the President is ultimately responsible for every decision.  The President is the person who listens to the diverse opinions and then, weighing the advice, makes a judgment call.  Whether a citizen agrees with the President or not, we all must abide by his decisions because the Constitution gives him this authority.

Lately, though, it seems as if everyone — especially Democrats — believe that everything that President Trump does, says, or decides, is subject to their evaluation.  Even though these objectors do NOT have all the facts, they pursue a course of behaviour destructive to the welfare of our country.  Schumer, Pelosi, and their minions, have publicly disagreed with Mr. Trump’s stance on trade, the border wall, the fate of DACA, taxes, the judicial nominees…………..you name it.  They start out by disagreeing and being disagreeable about it, too.

Now, Mr. Tillerson has been replaced as Secretary of State, a Cabinet position that is critical to our country and to our President in his decision making processes.  Unfortunately, Mr. Tillerson has let his disagreements with President Trump become a public issue.  Somehow, he forgot that in the game of “Captain, may I?”, the Captain is the President.  Even when questioned by the media, and given the chance to affirm his President’s approach to several issues of national concern, Tillerson would tout his own philosophical ideas.  He never seemed to understand that he was no longer CEO of Exxon, but that he was an underling in a Cabinet headed by the President of the United States.

So, it was almost a relief to hear he had been replaced by someone more philosophically alligned with President Trump.  The “boss” (Trump) had finally had enough of an employee (Tillerson) running amuck both here and abroad.

Schumer, of course, was quick to publicly denounce the firing of Tillerson as an attempt to thwart an investigation.  That’s nutty.  For over a year, the FBI and DOJ have continued with this senseless Russia probe trying to link it to Trump.  That can NOT be seen as an agency in cahoots with the President.  Schumer also linked the firing of McCabe as another attempt by the President to stop Mueller’s investigation.  That’s even nuttier, if you consider how the FBI and DOJ have stone-walled and obstructed the public hearing about this investigation.  As proof of the FBI and CIA’s attempts to censor information, look at how long it has taken to have documents open to the public.  And, then, most of those documents are so heavily redacted as to be almost useless.  Look at how Judicial Watch has spent many hours and dollars bringing the illegal activities by the upper echelons of the FBI and CIA into the public purview.  That is NOT the sign of a governmental agency “helping” an Administration!

No, the two firings are not related.

Tillerson’s firing, though, is an example of someone who forgot the rules of “Captain, may I?”.   He forgot that the Captain rules the ship. Tillerson forgot that he was serving at the pleasure of the  President, and NOT at the pleasure of himself.

Maybe this is another good lesson for the next generation.  You must accept that the Boss is the boss, no matter what job you have.  And, if you buck the Boss too much, you will lose your job.

Because…………… whether in Life or in the game of “Captain, may I?”, only the Captain gets to say “you may” or “you may not”.

School Daze

Education is essential to society’s welfare and is the basis for much of America’s success in the world.    Our Founding Fathers recognized the importance of an educated citizenry and encouraged public literacy by forming public schools and public libraries.  They feared that, without literacy for every citizen, unscrupulous politicians would be able to manipulate people’s opinions.

Education then, and now, is what will secure America’s future success.

However, the idea of an education for everyone has been corrupted.   My Father only went through eighth grade, but he studied a variety of subjects throughout his long life.  He took correspondence courses in architecture and became a successful master carpenter….all on his own.  My Mother graduated high school and became a successful businesswoman….all on her own.

Somewhere, somehow, though, my parents’ generation came to worship higher education and insisted that all their children attend college.  College became the end of the rainbow for them because college was believed to be the only route to success.  My brothers and I went to college as a matter of course.  The thought that we might just begin working after high school was considered to be under-achieving .  Vocational education, too, had the stigma of  a sub-standard career choice.

As a result of that philosophy,  we now have a dearth of talent in the trades.  And, we have an excess of college-educated people who have no real world experience and consider themselves to be somehow too “educated” to work in many jobs, especially manual labor jobs.

And, we have an excess of jobs that require experienced workers who know a trade and a dearth of people who have the skills to work those jobs.  We have an excess of college-educated graduates who cannot find a job because so many of the college degrees have no real world relationship.  Too many of the college degrees earned do NOT lead to a meaningful job.  That is sad, but it is also reality.

This manic obsession with going to college stems from the belief that college is the ONLY worthwhile path after high school.  That is not only untrue, but has led to countless young people graduating without a practical degree and…………….with a huge debt from their four years –or more — of college.  That, too, is sad, but also reality.

But, far worse is the Lieberal belief that these college students should be reimbursed for their college debt!  The Libs claim that these “poor” college graduates have been unduly burdened by the high cost of college and that we, the American taxpayer, MUST pull them out of their financial disaster.

But, why?  Why should anyone, except the students themselves, bear the cost of their education?

More importantly, if we pay off the debt for these college graduates, WHAT DO WE PAY FOR THOSE KIDS WHO DECIDED TO WORK RIGHT OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL?

Why should we reward one group for making a decision that they thought would benefit themselves…and not reward another career path?  In America, self reliance is considered the honorable way to success.  So, let’s get over the idea that just because someone has college debt that somehow, that person deserves to have those debts paid by taxpayers!

If someone chooses to go to college……great.  But, they should weigh the benefits of a college degree against the costs of that education.  And, everyone should accept that personal debts, whether they are for college or a car or a house, belong to the person who incurs that debt.

And, if high school graduates choose to begin work immediately, also great.  After all, most of the Greatest Generation did NOT go to college.  Most of them, like my parents, worked  to be successful and continued their education on their own.

Let school days be weighed against the costs and benefits.  Do not let school days daze us.

1 Comment more...

Low brow Elites

Elites, i.e., Lieberals, believe that they are high-minded geniuses who, being brilliant in their own mind,  should be running the world.  The rest of us are just morons to them.

Still, pretty is as pretty does,  and some of us wonder what kind of person relies on low-brow insults to demean their political opponents?  Where are the discussions about political policies or how to fix this or that?  Where are the offers to discuss problems or honestly work towards making America Great again?  No, Lieberals soil their arguments — and us — with dirty words forgetting that profane language is the lowest common denominator and NOT the sign of a high IQ.  Profanity is the last ditch of the feeble minded.

So, when Hollywood repeats the “f” bomb over and over, or Pelosi repeatedly resorts to calling the Republican Tax Reform the Apocalypse, what does that say about them?  It says they are intellectually challenged, especially in the vocabulary department.

Are they interested in promoting America’s welfare?  No.  They prefer to march in protest or shout insults.  They threaten.  They scream bloody murder.  They agitate.  They act like belligerent and mean bullies.  They threaten  to shut down the government. And, then, they pretend to have our best interests in mind.  Ha ha!

So, let a Flyover Country Grandmother give them some advice.

Until you can speak like an adult and treat everyone else, even those with differing views, with respect, please sit down.  If you don’t open your mouth, no one will know that you are less than you pretend to be.

And,if your noise level goes down,maybe we all will be able to hear one another and truly work together to make life better for everyone in America.

The Hypocrites live in Congress!

They are “outraged” and “demanding” that Moore resign, based on allegations he sexually abused teenagers.

And, yet, no one really knows whether the accusations are true.  What happened to “innocent until PROVEN guilty” ?

They pandered and equivocated when a Democrat was guilty of sexually abusing a subordinate.  Remember former President Clinton?  How many of these holier-than-thou legislators refused to convict former President Clinton and even  supported him being head of the Democrat’s party?

But, now, with the public outcry against Moore, these same lap dogs are racing to line up against Moore.  Why?  It is politically expedient.

Where were they when Weiner was caught sending perverse emails?  Where were they when Clinton was caught with his pants down in the Oval Office?

Oh, they were there all right.  However, then, it wasn’t quite as lucrative politically to denounce those Democrats.  Now, all of a sudden, everyone is in an uproar about sexual harassment and abuse.  And, for the Democrats, it is politically expedient, and they are reveling in any opportunity to steal a Senate seat, whether the candidate is guilty of a crime or not.

Even Clinton is now fair game for some Dems.  Although it was always obvious that Bill Clinton should be convicted, it is ludicrous that they are now finally willing to even consider his guilt.

Of course, it is also advantageous for them.  Being on the “high ground” is lucrative, so, punishing sexual offenders becomes a cause celeb.  And, those “morally superior” LEGISLATORS are first in line to throw stones.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.  Let him who is without sin cast the first stone!

“Ambushed” by Bush 41

Another tell-all book coming out.  Ho hum.

Book is “written” by H.W. Bush, our 41st President.  Hmmmmmmmmm…………….

In that book, H.W. insults President Trump.    Wow………………..

Oh, wait!   Jeb,  H.W’s son, lost to President Trump in the last election, didn’t he?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/04/george-h-w-bush-trump-blowhard-motivated-certain-ego/

So, was President Trump ambushed by another Bush?  Yes.

Does it matter that H.W. Bush dislikes and resents President Trump?  No.

This is nothing more than sour grapes.  And, what a disgrace that former President H.W. Bush can not remember how important diplomacy is.  Or, that ad hominem attacks against a sitting President, especially one overseas, are detrimental to our country.  Our enemies do not need any help in their efforts to attack America nor to thwart President Trump who is working to make America great again!

Oh, well. To be kind to an old “has been”, the book  is  more of a “senior moment” than anything else.

Then again………………on the bright side, there is no need to buy that book because there is more than enough vitriol already in politics.  Save your money and just turn your tv onto CBS, MSNBC or CNN if you want to hear President Trump maligned.  They insult, demean, and grope for aspersions non stop. But, do NOT believe what you hear on those networks, nor what you read in that upcoming book.

I mean.  We were great supporters of H.W. Bush AND of his son, even donating a LOT of money to their campaigns.  But, recent comments not only make us sad,those dangerous comments make  us lose all our respect for both of them.  So, let’s not “beat around the Bush”.   Let’s come right out and say that H.W. lost his cool and ambushed President Trump.

What a sad ending for a man who held the highest and most powerful office in the world.  Our advice?  Go home and try to learn some manners, H.W.

Comey….

Latest reports state that Comey prepared the “acquittal” of Hillary months before he even talked with her or interviewed her.

No surprise there.

The only surprise might be why?

  • Archives

  • Copyright © 2006 - 2019 Repubanter. All rights reserved.