Monthly Archives: October 2013

Sticks and stones…..and name calling

The debacle in Washington, D.C., which resulted in a “closing”  of our government was perhaps not the biggest deception pulled on the American public, but it certainly ranked up there.

President Obama obviously needed something to obscure the scandals that were in the daily news.  Benghazi?  Not his fault.  IRS illegally punishing Conservative groups by intrusive investigation?  Not his fault.  Obama-scare becoming an albatross around the necks of the American public?  Not his fault.  Our faltering economy?  Not his fault.  Unending unemployment at record numbers?  Not his fault.  CIA spying on ALL Americans?  Not his fault. The sky high National Debt?  Not his fault.  The worsening prospects for Americans, especially Blacks, and children?  Not his fault.

Nothing is ever Obama’s fault, but with the almost daily revelations of new scandals, Obama needed a scapegoat to obscure the need for  investigation into these scandals.  So, he created a scandal and blamed the Republicans.  The government was NOT closed.  Only parts of it were and those parts, like the open air memorials or the roads near Mt. Rushmore did not have to be closed.  In fact, closing these cost more than allowing our war veterans and heroes to visit the sites.

But,  the Republicans foolishly feel into his web and, once again, took the blame for a government “shut down”.  It was all too easy for Obama, thanks to a media that always provides a curtain behind which Obama can hide.  So, just like during his all his campaigns, Obama, and his Democrats, fell back on mud-slinging and name-calling in order to tar and feather Republicans!  It worked for Democrats many times before, and it worked again!

It’s humiliating to have a President who can’t control his own Administration and uses any method to get his way.  He claims he is a great uniter.  Unfortunately, his vitriolic name-calling has divided our nation as nothing and no one ever has before.  I hope future generations will blame him, as he should be blamed, for all the problems that come out of his time as our President.

He seems to be a childish man, full of accusatory gestures and refusing to accept that anyone else might have worthy ideas or ideals.  He is a first rate bully, though.  He thrives on controversy and name calling, branding the opposition as evil.

Children are taught to sing  ” Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me”.

But, in today’s world, we know that words DO HURT.  Bullying is a child’s nightmare, but it occurs every day and everywhere.  We try to teach our children NOT to bully or call names.    But, how do you explain a President and the Democrats who bully those who disagree with them with nasty names, by pouting, and by throwing  a temper tantrum when they don’t get their way?

Unfortunately,  our President betrays himself, our country, and his own party, by bullying  Republicans, Tea Party groups, and anything remotely Conservative, with disparaging names.  He uses  governmental agencies to break opposition to his personal ideology.  In short, he lies, cheats, and steals.  He lies about the motives of the opposition.  He lies about legislation he wants.  He cheats by not admitting errors to the American people.  And, he steals from our children and grandchildren by spending money we don’t have.

It’s a sad day for America.  We expect sticks and stones from our enemies……..and, maybe even names.  But, from our own President?  We expect better of him.

So, President Obama seems to have gotten his way yet again by resorting  to name-calling instead of leadership.  Inevitably, though, Obama-scare will become a millstone on the backs of our children.  Will they begin to throw sticks and stones then?  Maybe not.   But, I bet they WILL START CALLING NAMES.  And, the first “dirty” name on their list will be President Obama!

Prohibition and Obama-scare

Pundits are predicting that Obama-scare can never be repealed.  They compare it to Medicare and Social Security because they are all programs that supposedly help Americans make good, healthy decisions.   The government is, in effect, telling all of us that we are NOT capable of making good decisions on our own.  The politicians believe that they  know more and can craft a better health system.

Unfortunately, just like the War on Poverty, most social engineering agendas do NOT work.  If they did, Germany would rule the world with Europe, Russia and China  as the supporting cast.

No, people who compare Obama-scare to Medicare or Social Security are wrong!  Obama-scare is the country cousin to Prohibition because prohibition was another social experiment meant to make all of us “better”  and “healthier” citizens.   And, the result of Prohibition was the growth in menacing bootleggers which created the mobs which frightened even the police of that era.   Violent crime flourished as the mobs gained control of the illegal booze industry.

Obama-scare will result in many of the same problems as Prohibition.    Anytime people want something, especially if it is free, there will be people who find ways to cheat in order to get that item. Crime will increase as people realize they can scam the system.  There will be illegal claims.  Illegal aliens will pretend to be Americans to gain free medical care.  There will be underworld mobs who help people cheat on the system.  We can expect a new criminal class to quickly establish itself, along with the violence needed to protect these illegal activities.

That’s what Prohibition should have taught us.

Regrettably, politicians are always eager to establish new taxing systems to give themselves more control over the voting public.  Their mantra is to take from everyone and give back to those who are most likely to vote them back into office.  Until people learn that nothing is ever free, even if someone else pays for it, politicians will keep stealing from the general public and “giving back” to their own gang.

But, maybe, after this behemoth Obama-scare program begins to cave from its own weight,  the American public will realize that we MUST get rid of it.

And, the lesson from Prohibition is that we CAN repeal any law we want.  So, let’s repeal Obama-scare before we lose any more trillions to another useless government bureaucracy!

I’ll drink to that!  Will you?

Phil Griffin……….Sore Loser?

MSNBC President Wants ‘Investigation’ Into Fox News’ ‘Impossible’ Ratings Gain

Sooooooooooooooo, FOX news beat MSNBC yet again…………and, MSNBC president, Griffin, can’t believe it?

Believe it, Griffin.  You deserve to lose because you already ARE a loser!

Why?

Well, you routinely broadcast the Democrats’ talking points almost verbatim.  Your announcers willfully distort Republican comments or plans.  You, virtually never, interview anyone who is a Conservative without your shills mocking them.

Unfortunately, for you and “yours”, the American public is getting tired of being lied to.  They are tired of your misdirections.  And, maybe, just maybe, they are beginning to question your politically motivated assertions.  Maybe they can understand that your lies, your pandering to Lieberal interests and ideas, and your continual misconstruing facts, situations and events is merely you using the public airwaves for your own political goals.

I’m delighted to know that you might finally have paid for your devious broadcasting.  It’s too bad, too sad for you, but very, very glad news — a word you won’t understand — for the American public.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly — President Obama…..politicizing America

The GOOD: Obamacare Website Closed for Repairs This Weekend.

The BAD:  Obama’s capricious closures which hurt:

Veterans, our pride and joy:

…government’s ham-fisted attempts to close the DC WWII Memorial, an open-air public monument that is normally accessible 24 hours a day. By accessible I mean, you walk up to it. When you have finished reflecting, you then walk away from it.**

Apparently, according to an anonymous Park Service ranger, “We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.”**

Fishermen:  Just before the weekend, the National Park Service informed charter boat captains in Florida that the Florida Bay was “closed” due to the shutdown.  Until government funding is restored, the fishing boats are prohibited from taking anglers into 1,100 square miles of open ocean.  Fishing is also prohibited at Biscayne National Park during the shutdown.**

The UGLY:

Frightening Taxpayers, the markets and the world:  Obama’s reckless default fear-mongering

Never before has an American president threatened and risked the U.S. economy and financial markets the way Barack Obama has in recent days. For his own narrow political ends, Obama and his minions have actually accused the Republican party of deliberately provoking a Treasury debt default because they don’t agree with the Obama position on the continuing budget resolution and the debt ceiling.**

These are only a few of the good, the bad and the ugly……….and, it doesn’t look like it’s getting better with President Obama, Harry Reid and Pelosi now joined by Schumer in a contest to see who can call the Republicans the worst, most egregious, insulting names.

The GOOD,  the BAD, and the UGLY………just another name for the political machinations of President Obama and Democrats.

**Special thanks to Mike Flynn and Larry Kudlow  for their pithy remarks used here.