Monthly Archives: April 2018

Genetic diversity and Intelligence

Ever since Jimmy the Greek lost his popularity because he claimed that Blacks had a physical advantage due to a quirk in their genetic makeup, it has been difficult to talk about genetic diversity among the races. The subject has always been rejected as “racism” even when some facts, like sickle cell anemia, being a “black” problem, are indisputably related to race.

However, Michael Barone  writes about a genetic study that “proves” there IS a difference in intelligence between the races.  But, as if to excuse the temerity in agreeing with the gist of the study, Mr. Barone offsets the idea that Asians, as a group, might be more intelligent than Caucasians and whites more intelligent than Blacks with the fact that an individual of any race could be smarter than an individual of another race. Of course, that is true. However, as proof of that, he offers how smart former President Obama is. The correlation is that a black man, Obama, is very smart so the genetic study is NOT trying to condemn all blacks as less intelligent. But, why use Obama as an example of a smart black man? Where is the proof of that?

It is obvious why the media and Libs would promote that theory as one of the “many” reasons Obama was elected. However, according to Obama himself, he was a mediocre student. I’ve read several articles that claim he was not only a mediocre student, but a lackluster assistant professor and then, an even more ordinary Senator. Despite this, we are told that Obama was “smart”. Where is the proof that he was/is smart? He, and his university, refuse to release his grades which might prove how intelligent he was.

So, maybe Obama is super smart. Maybe he is not. My complaint is that the media continue to promote him as a very smart guy when there is little factual basis for that claim.

There are any number of black people who better deserve the accolade of being very smart. Better examples of blacks who are smart might have included Justice Clarence Thomas or Condaleeza Rice or Charles Payne or Dr. Carson. But, other than having had the luck to be the right black man at a given time in history does NOT make Obama a smart man. It makes him lucky, but not smart. And, by using him as an example, it seems to do an injustice to those blacks who are, indeed, very smart. And, who by the way, earned their titles through their own effort and brain power….and did not rely upon the luck of their draw.

Russia’s interference

For months now, the Democrats have been pushing the theory that the Russians colluded with Trump’s campaign to influence the 2016 election.  For months now, there has been no evidence of any collusion.  But, of course, that hasn’t stopped the Dems from desperately looking for Russian bogeymen everywhere.  And, unsurprisingly, when they can’t find bogeymen, they try to manufacture rumors to attack  President Trump with planned leaks and obnoxious innuendo.

In this case, the old “be careful what you ask for”  applies to the Democrats.  Why?  Their hysterical efforts to undermine President Trump’s agenda might have slowed its progress;  but, Trump is still moving it along through sheer grit and determination.

And, the Democrats, through their own actions, have given the Russians what the Russians wanted — dissension in America.

Because, by continuously slandering our President, the Dems undercut the Spirit of America.  And, when the Democrats divide us,  the Russians conquer us.  Remember “United we stand.  Divided we fall.”

It is beyond sad that the Democrats, by pursuing their own, self-serving agenda are actually destroying the very country, and people, they pretend to care about.  Ironically, their their determination to rule over America, through any means, is not much different than the Russians, is it?   Reagan warned us of the “Bear in the Forest”.  And, most Americans are equally suspicious of that “Bear”.

But maybe, just maybe,  we are worried about the wrong bear in the forest.  Because, Democrats are lurking everywhere…spewing hateful rhetoric………..hoping to divide our citizenry so they can win elections.  It’s sad and dangerous for them…….and all of us.

So, Russian interference? Why should they  bother to interfere when the Democrats will do the dirty work for them?

Sore Losers

I have never been a fan of Jimmy Carter even though the media lauds him and his post-Presidential activities.  Some of those activities, like his work with Habitat for Humanity, are commendable.  Some of his Presidential choices, like giving away the Panama Canal when most Americans were against it, were a usurpation of his Presidential authority. You would think that he would have learned that America disagreed with him when he lost his second Presidential bid.  But, no, he continues to lecture –or is it hector — us?. Whatever you call it, that holier than thou attitude  is beginning to pall on most of us.

Maybe he did know better than us.  Maybe he did not.

However, although we believe in Freedom of Speech, and he has the right to speak his mind, there is a standard for Good Manners which  many of us in Fly-Over territory still appreciate.  So, when former  President Carter calls our current President a “jerk”,  is there any excuse for such bad manners? How does his insulting comment help our country?  Does he care whether he is aiding and abetting our enemies by denigrating the man who now sits in the Oval Office?   One wonders  if his Momma ever taught him good manners.

Unfortunately, Democrats are more interested in knocking President Trump down than whether their speech and actions are good for America or not.  Their group mentality, if there is anything mental involved in their attitudes, is relentlessly set in the direction of destroying President Trump.  So, they undoubtedly will snicker and applaud Carter for going on a radical, Lieberal (yes, lying) tv show and insulting the man elected to return America to greatness.

It is so out of the bounds of common decency!  When will good manners return to the public arena?  When will Democrats start acting as they should and when will they begin promoting the public good and not their own political careers?  Who or what  is  served by Carter  throwing public insults at Conservatives and President Trump?  Maybe he learned those bad manners from the most recent Democrat who lost, Hillary Clinton.  I mean, come on.  How does it help America when Schumer and Pelosi viciously attack the President of the United States?

It’s sad to see that many Democrats act like children, bullying others because, with the media support, there are no consequences for them acting like thugs.  Just like the worst of the schoolyard bullies whom we all want  to keep from hurting others, they rally around even the worst among them and promote their hateful agenda of destruction.  It’s worse than childish.  It’s poisonous to America.  So, I hope Democrats will start acting like mature adults and actually begin helping President Trump.

Unfortunately, I fear that will never happen.  Why?  Because, they are NOT statesmen nor stateswomen.

No, like Jimmy Carter and Hillary Clinton and Al Gore,  they are sore losers!