Monthly Archives: May 2010

The Gulf’s slippery slope……………

http://drudgereport.com/

During first 36 days of Katrina, Bush made 7 visits to Gulf Coast...

So far on Day 36 of BP oil leak, Obama has made 1 visit to disaster area...

Remember how the media and Democrats screamed about Bush”s handling of Hurricane Katrina?

Where are they now when President Obama ignores the oil spill in the Gulf and takes his second vacation since the spill began?  Where are they when Obama travels to California to raise money for Barbara Boxer and ONLY heads to the Gulf to assuage political pressure?

Maybe the debacle in the Gulf will finally convince  American voters that Obama is destroying our country and its institutions.   Under HIS watch, the economy has tubed.  Taxpayer dollars have paid for bailouts of the car industry, among others, and are now being proposed for the teacher’s union!  Under his watch, the stock market is tubing and people’s pensions are losing value.  Under HIS watch, a much too large percentage of Americans can’t find work!  And, under HIS watch,  all blame is attributed to his predecessor, George Bush.

And, under HIS watch, national disasters are ignored in favor of political “parties”.  It must be convenient to always have a scapegoat.  But, goats –even scapegoats — can be nimble and might jump out of sight  while the Gulf crisis might prove to be too slippery a slope for even President Obama!

President Obama’s record………..

President Obama’s record is appalling.  Here are a few facts he can’t dispute nor hide by producing his own video!

Unemployment rises to 471,000 :

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100520/ap_on_bi_go_ec_fi/us_economy

Allows foreign nationals to criticize a state,  Arizona — onAmerican soil:

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64J5W920100520

Though Calderon’s request received applause and a standing ovation from mainly Democratic lawmakers, Republicans criticized the Mexican leader for discussing U.S. laws.

“It was inappropriate for President Calderon to lecture Americans on our own state and federal laws,” said Senator John Cornyn, a member of the Republican leadership. “Moreover, the Second Amendment is not a subject open for diplomatic negotiation, with Mexico or any other nation.”

Calderon repeated his opposition to a new Arizona law that requires police to check the immigration status of anyone they suspect is in the country illegally.

Has ruined our economy:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a4mnQEVIxe48

The stock market posted its steepest drop since the anxious days of early 2009, as worries that Europe’s debt crisis would weigh heavily on global growth sent investors fleeing out of risky assets.

IS IT ANY WONDER HE WON’T HOLD NEWS CONFERENCES WITH REPORTERS ASKING THE QUESTIONS?

Friends and Enemies……..

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/20/mexicos-calderon-takes-case-congress/

“Keep your friends close and your enemies closer” is an old saying.  But, what can you do if your own President is acting as though he hates his own country — OUR country?

Yesterday, President Obama implicitly conceded any and all rights of the sovereign state of Arizona to pass laws its citizens want to the Mexican President! How?   Even though Mexico is very restrictive to foreigners, Obama agreed with Calderon that the Arizona law was BAD.  Even though almost all of our problems with illegal immigrants is with illegal Mexican immigrants,  Obama played politics and  pandered to that ethnic group because he wants their vote.  What is Obama thinking?  Doesn’t he understand who are our allies and who are not?  Apparently not because, a short while ago, Obama  snubed Netanyahu, our firm ally in Israel, and then, as a further insult, gave  a state dinner to a man whose country is causing us so many problems in welfare, crime, and loss of jobs for Americans!

How can Obama not understand Arizona’s problems with illegal aliens?  How can he not stand up for Arizona which is one of the states he swore an oath to protect?  Unfortunately, this is all too common for Obama.  But, even worse is that neither Obama, nor his attorney general (Holder) nor his Homeland Security Advisor (Napolitano) have read the ten pages of the bill!  How can they  claim the law is anti-constitutional?  It is sheer arrogance and abuse of power by our highest officials.  It is negligence of duty of the highest order.

And, today, America was insulted yet again by President Calderon when the Democrats in Congress stood and applauded the Mexican president who again said the Arizona law is BAD.   What kind of a congress do we have that they would choose to reward a foreign president who is insulting  one of our very own states?

If they like the Mexican president and  Mexico’s laws so much, why don’t THEY move there?  The rest of us are sick and tired of our own representatives representing foreign countries and foreign countries’ interests rather than our own.   President Obama and his minions are overly eager to please foreign governments while at the same time, they have disarmed not only our economy, but our space program and also our military.  They have reveled in dissing America even while on foreign soil.  They routinely criticize American law and laud foreign law.  They allow terrorists to be “mirandized” — a unique privilege that should be reserved for citizens of this wonderful country.  In short, Obama acts like an enemy of America.  Is he friend or foe?

Well, would a friend continually disdain everything American or have complete contempt  for the Constitution of the United States or react gleefully when foreigners insult us is ?  I think not.

So, if they aren’t our friends, are they actually our enemies?   I believe that their actions and public comments prove that President Obama and the Democrats in Congress and Obama’s appointees are NOT following the Constitution.  And, even if  the old saying about friends and enemies is true…………………. I don’t want them anywhere near me!

Who owns America?

John Denver loved to sing, “This land is your land.  This land is my land.”  However, the “your” he referred to was other AMERICAN CITIZENS, not citizens of other countries.

Unfortunately, the PC police and Lieberals, along with President Obama, want even citizens of other countries, notably Muslims and Mexicans, to be able to tell US what we can do OR say!  This political correctness has gone so far that we can’t joke about Mohammed; but, it’s okay to defecate on the American flag and to use vulgarities when referring to anything Christian.  People who express their feelings publicly about homosexuality or other ethnic groups are portrayed as racists and somehow, subhuman. Athletes have even lost their jobs for expressing their honest opinions.

And, now, certain ethnic groups feel they  have the right to tell us what to  WEAR in our OWN COUNTRY!

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/Students-Wearing-American-Flag-Shirts-Sent-Home-92945969.html

Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees

Freedom of expression or cultural disrespect on Cinco de Mayo?

Where does all this nonsense end?  Do we Americans have to let someone else dictate the laws of our own country? Whose land is America?

I say it’s  time to stop pandering to minorities, especially those who are NOT citizens;  and remember,  that in America, the majority–OF AMERICAN CITIZENS, NOT ANYONE ELSE —  is supposed to rule!

The majority of Americans are still Christians.  So, let’s stop letting one or two atheists decide what we can say or do in public.

The majority of Americans are against illegal immigration, especially any attempt to legalize those who are here illegally now.  Let’s require EVERYONE, not just Mexicans, to go through the exact same procedure to see if they qualify to be American citizens.

And, let’s stop worrying about “offending”  minorities. It’s time for minorities to grow up and understand that everyone is offended by something that others do. GET OVER IT!  The rest of us have.  After all, the Constitution guarantees the right to PURSUE HAPPINESS AND  LIBERTY, not a guarantee that any of us will be given a special pass to that happiness.

And, let’s take back this wonderful country that is OURS.  Then, once again, this land will truly be YOURS and MINE!