Monthly Archives: October 2010

Juan Williams

In all the posturing done by NPR about their decision to fire Mr. Williams for voicing his personal opinions, we see politics once again entering the fray.  Why else would they fire Juan and keep the other opinionated people on staff?  Of course, the answer is that the other people with opinions are liberal and liberal opinions coincide with the management’s opinions.

But, knowing that everyone has a personal set of biases, isn’t it to everyone’s benefit that Mr. Williams let you know what his deep feelings are?  That way, when he expresses an opinion, you can weigh the value of his opinions against what you might or might not perceive to be his biases.  Every commentator should have to let us know their personal convictions BEFORE they speak, just as FOX news will introduce people with the caveat “a commentator for FOX news”.

It’s unfortunate that NPR fired Mr. Williams. We seldom agree with his opinions, but have always thought he was fair-minded in his analyses.   But, maybe this incident will begin a debate about how the liberal media conceals their deep-seated biases and pretends to be objective!  Maybe this incident will make the taxpayer reconsider whether tax money should support a lop-sided view of the world…a view, by the way, not held by the majority of Americans.  And, since there is NO constitutional justification to fund any kind of media, maybe public financing for NPR, the National Endowment of the Arts, and other liberal causes, can be cut.

After all, the American taxpayer is suffering from a deep recession, high unemployment, and a loss of hope for the future.   Maybe NPR is not a major component of the total budget deficit, but every penny saved is a penny that the taxpayer doesn’t have to pay out of his own pocket.

And, in THIS economy, we need all the pennies we can get!

Corner a rat, and he fights back…….

Why is this election becoming so virulently nasty?  Well,  Democrats are boxed in by their votes on Healthcare, the non-stimulus stimulus, the horrendous unemployment, the increasing numbers of home foreclosures, and even their inability to tell the truth on much of anything.

If it weren’t so vital to our future welfare, it might be funny to see how Democrats are scrambling to disassociate  themselves from anything to do with the very legislation they voted to pass!  Few Democrats want to stand shoulder to shoulder with Obama now! Do you notice how Democrats are suddenly “too busy” to appear with Obama when he comes to town?

Unfortunately, the elections are no joke.  And, also unfortunately, rather than argue the issues, Democrats are slinging mud.  After all, if you don’t have the issues on your side, obfuscate, change the subject, and throw mud.  That explains why  the Democrats are fighting back with erroneous ads about their opponents. And the mud slinging is not limited to Congress.   President Obama has called the American electorate “uninformed” and “scared”  to explain the majority of us opposing those invasive and unconstitutional laws he signed.   The irony is that people are “scared” because he, his policies, and his henchmen in Congress have totally destroyed our economy.

There is no way for any Democrat to face his constituents and defend these votes.  So, expect more attack ads by the Democrats.

After all, you know what they say about a cornered rat.  They fight dirty.

Black and White in America….the 91%….

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2010/10/obama-approval-gallup-blacks.html

Racism is alive and well in America and, this time, it isn’t the whites who are the culprit.    Oh, no,THIS TIME,  it is the black community!

The Politically Correct crowd would deny such a thing could happen;  but, if you read this survey, that is the only conclusion possible.  Why else would the black community   give Barack Obama a 91% approval rating while the rest of the country is well below that approval?

Support among even young people is down: 57%. Hispanics: 55%. Moderates: 54%. Unmarrieds: 53%. Easterners: 52%. Women: 47%. Midwesterners and Westerners: 45%.

Men: 43%. Southerners: 41%. Independents: 40%. Marrieds: 39%. Seniors: 38%. Whites: 36%. Conservatives: 23%.

It is a blatant case of racism, except that no one will call it that because it is black people who are using race as a basis for judging someone. Blacks are simply supporting “one of their own”,  i.e., Obama . Maybe lieberals would like to call this racist approval rating something else, but it so “black and white”, that even they would have trouble  contradicting this conclusion.

It’s definitely black and white!

Football, freedom, pride…………

Today, we enjoyed a Packers’ victory over the Detroit Lions.   It was a typical football day with a beautiful blue sky and a sun so bright that we all burned to a crisp.  The home crowd cheered the Packers on, but managed to find mostly friendly words for the Lions fans who found seats in “our” stadium.

But, no matter which team you cheered for, the entire audience was wowed when, just as the National Anthem ended,  four F16 jets flew over. Everyone, and I mean everyone, hollered with pride in our brave military men and women.

You can be thrilled with a winning football team,  as we were.  You can be thankful for freedom to enjoy a football game.

But, it was pride that had everyone standing and cheering our fighter pilots.

Go, U.S. A.!