Monthly Archives: March 2013

Thieves in the Night

When I grew up, Life seemed so much simpler.  Maybe it was just because I was a child and not aware of the conflicts of the adult world.  Maybe it was just that where I lived was more peaceful.  Or, maybe the world WAS simpler.

For instance, my parents knew that if they wanted to feed and clothe their family, they had to work hard and earn the money to feed the family.

It was a simple equation.  Work, earn money, and eat.  Don’t work and starve.  Anything else was charity and charity was just not “done”.

Today, thanks to the welfare state, the American taxpayer buys free lunch for everyone…..even illegal aliens.  And, no one seems the least big embarrassed to be on the dole.  Simple, but true.

When my parents scrimped and saved for the future, it was with the knowledge that it was THEIR responsibility to provide for that future.  Today, everyone expects their future needs will be met by the Government, whether they contributed to Social Security or not.

When we grew up, everyone worked.  Janitors, truck drivers, store clerks, and just about every job was considered important.  Professionals were regarded with trust and admiration.  So, bankers were trusted, important members of every town.  Doctors were respected for their valuable care of our aches and ailments and lawyers knew better than to earn money by chasing ambulances.  Today, bankers are demonized for events foisted onto them by politicians.  Doctors are being herded into more controlled medical environments while too many lawyers prostitute themselves in Congress passing unneeded regulations which hinder ordinary Americans and corporate America.  Today, too many jobs are considered “beneath” the American worker yet welfare is considered a “right.  Instead of Americans working for a secure and economically sound future, our society is splintered between the haves and the have-nots by an administration and media which foment class warfare, all in the name of political advantage.

In my childhood world, workers kept most of their income.  Government knew its place and stayed in that place.

Americans of yesteryear knew the importance of God, country, and family.  And, the government respected our love of God and country.  Government promoted family by not interfering in family matters.  Americans valued the Bill of Rights and all the privileges of being Americans.

Today, Government knows no limits to its powers, whether those powers infringe upon our rights or not.  Freedom of Speech is no more when the ACLU and Lieberals force everyone to follow Politically correct speech.  If someone, anyone, is offended, the ACLU and Lieberals are ready to suppress that speech.  Does the Catholic Church dare to adamantly insist on the rights of the unborn?  The ACLU and President Obama are ready to pillory those upstarts.  Does an American believe he is secure in his own home or yard?  Forget it.  The Government can spy on someone’s cell phone, mail, or even your outdoor activities with drones in the sky.

Where does it all end?  Is anything secure against the predations of our very own Government?  Frighteningly, there ARE monsters under our beds and in our closets.  And, those monsters are the politicians we thought we knew and loved.  Nothing is sacred and no one is safe any more while the Goverrnment is on the prowl for more money to give out….

And, it’s not just in America where Government has become too powerful and the rights of individuals forgotten.  After yesterday,   I wonder how secure the Cypriots feel?  Did they think that, at least, their bank savings were inviolable?  Well, think again.

Like thieves in the night, Cyprus’ government decided it could arbitrarily steal some of those savings.

Is that any different than President Obama and his Lieberal friends who propose to go “around Congress” in order to pass their own agenda?  Is that any different than our current administration filled with crooks who demonize those who disagree?  Is there a difference between the Cyprus government which openly steals the savings accounts from their citizens and our Government who steal, but less openly?

I think not.   We the People must oppose these thugs who come in the dark of night, or we will never recover the civil rights that our parents and grandparents had.  When government becomes the monster under the bed, we must turn on the light and chase them out of our bedrooms, homes and businesses.  Otherwise, these governments become even bigger and more corrupt monsters…. stealing their countrymen blind….just like Thieves in the Night.

Life and Death in Venezuela and America

Life with Hugo Chaves was akin to living in a prison where  every move, thought, and word were monitored by government agencies.   Venezuelans did elect this dictator, but you can’t blame them when the media hyped his every deed and gave him accolades, even when he acted in ways that benefited only him, and not his country.

Hugo Chaves swore to defend his country.  Instead, he instituted measures that served him well.  He was notoriously corrupt and arrogant.  He was paranoid , blaming others — specifically the USA — for his country’s problems.  He was undisciplined in his speech and enjoyed nothing more than the sound of his own voice, often making speeches of great length but little meaning.

Huge Chaves  became President of Venezuela with practically no executive experience.  He was little more than a community organizer….only his first community was composed of soldiers.

Hugo Chaves managed to separate his country from other countries who would have been his allies.  He created an environment where life was cheap and living was expensive.

The world will hardly miss Mr. Chaves.  And, Venezuela might be better off without him, too.

There might be relief, but never joy in the death of anyone, even a dictator.   However, given the choice, I wonder if Venezuelans would have preferred living without Chaves and his selfish, self-aggrandizing posturing?  Venezuelans might have told Chavez “don’t go away mad, just go away!”

Sometimes I feel the same way about our President.  President Obama, too, wants to control every American’s thought, word and deed.  He was re-elected, but the media was totally complicit in covering up any story that cast doubt on their favorite, Mr. Obama.

Obama swore to defend our country.  Instead, he treats every situation as a political choice, failing to protect even our ambassadors and their support staff.  Then, he lies, obfuscates and covers up his own indefensible actions.  Like Chavez, Obama loves to hear himself talk and gives long, dissembling speeches that merely politicize situations and further divide Americans.  Like Chavez, Obama came to the Presidency with no executive experience.

Because of this inexperience, Obama has not only divided America;  but, he has torn apart our alliances with countries like Turkey, Egypt, and even Israel.

Life in America has become more of a struggle because President Obama takes our tax dollars to reward his buddies and to control those who have views contrary to his.  Life in America is less valuable today because Obama supports abortion and rationing of health care for the elderly.  And, Life in America is far more expensive since Obama came into office because of his regulatory stance and refusal to allow honest jobs, like the Keystone Pipeline, to begin.

No one is suggesting that harm come to President Obama.  Whether we like him or not, he is our President and must be defended from physical harm.  But, I will be one of those cheering when he makes his exit in 4 years.  I just hope that America can survive that long with his Lieberal agenda which favors some and creates dissension for all.

In four years, more Americans will likely be saying to Obama:  Don’t go away mad.  Just go away!