Monthly Archives: October 2015

Yik Yak and other Yaks

Yik Yak is becoming a popular way for college kids to converse with others on their immediate campus.  The app only has a “reach” of about 1.5 miles, so the social circle is fairly limited.  And, it is anonymous, so anyone in the vicinity can “let loose” on any subject any time.

It sounds like a good idea.  Let young people, who are supposedly in an intellectually-stimulating environment, freely vent on a wide variety of topics that are of special interest to them.

But, wait.

The PC police have once again sent out their thugs and said that this app should be shut down because some are using it as an avenue for hate speech and sexually or sexist speech.  And, of course, hate speech or sexually explicit comments cannot be allowed!  That privilege is reserved for Hollywood, I guess.

While I agree that racial slurs, etc., are terrible, controlling speech is even worse.  One of our founding principles is that speech is free.  That is why the Constitution forbids any censorship of speech.  And, that is why it is called free.

Unfortunately, Freedom of  speech, according to the Lieberals, is only “free” if it is politically correct.  And, if any one person is offended, why then, that speech must be censored.  Who better to decide what the majority of us can say, do, or even think, than the Lieberals?  They seem to be much more advanced in their sentiments than the rest of us and, therefore,  they feel obligated, even “destined”,  to ensure that their opinions and viewpoints become the standard by which we all must live.

The problem raised by one group censoring another’s free speech is, of course, that there is no ONE standard to guide us.  We all of us have different opinions and thoughts about everything in life.  What is offensive to me might be an innocuous issue to another and so, why should a small minority rule the roost or why should the PC viewpoint be the standard?  Remember, in the PC world, it only takes one person to be offended before the Libs jump in to limit freedom of speech.  It’s a crazy way to operate in a country that believes in the rule of the majority, NOT the minority.

Besides, while no mature adult in America wants there to be hate speech, or racial violence or sexist comments, you cannot eliminate those aspects of society even though, for some crazy reason, the Lieberals seem to think that clamping down on free speech will cure those who are hateful people.  The words are NOT the problem.  The problem lies in the attitudes of people who cannot live peacefully with others.

So, long live Freedom of speech.  And, all you college kids?  Yak all you like.   Yik Yak on and on and on and on.

It’s Halloween and Hillary is….Stirring the Pot

Boil, boil, toil, and trouble.  It’s Halloween and the cauldron continues to boil with Hillary’s poisonous brew.

There’s not a ghost of a chance that the fans of Hillary Clinton will admit that her behaviour is scandalous nor acknowledge that her attempts to explain the inexplicable are ridiculous.  They are true believers.  Nothing will dissuade them from their belief in her…..even as she leads them deeper and deeper into the darkening woods.

There seems to be no retribution despite how the Clintons have betrayed the American public while in their public positions.  Hillary “knows”  her misbehaviour will be forgiven if she blames the Republicans or finds another scapegoat.  It is NEVER her fault when her perfidious, manipulative and yes, evil actions become public knowledge. For, if the past is prelude to the future, she can rely upon her fans forgiving her because they always have.  There are never any consequences for Hillary’s mistakes.  From Whitewater to the death of Foster to the women abused by former President Bill Clinton and Hillary’s scorn for them  to Benghazi to the deleted emails on an unauthorized server, Hillary’s lap dogs continue to drool  at her feet.

Much of the reason for this mindless adoration is that the media has always been her greatest asset and ally.  They have been complicit in her deviousness by under reporting or even misrepresenting her disingenuous explanations.  Whatever advances the Clintons has been more important to the media than the Truth.   They and the  Democrats routinely put on their rose-colored glasses and belly up to the bar to swill down Hillary’s  poisonous potions.  Seldom does a Democrat question a Clinton pronouncement, even when what Hillary or Bill is saying is ludicrous and demonstrably false.  Countless videos prove Hillary has lied countless times, yet Democrats’ eyes glaze over when she speaks and they willingly accept the lie. It’s as if Hillary bewitches them all.

Like vampires who suck the life blood out of their victims, Hillary uses and abuses her sycophants, throwing them to the wolves when it serves her own purposes.  This is her history and it is unlikely she will change.  Unfortunately, she has been around a long time, maybe too long.  If we learn from our past, she, and her mistakes, should warn us not to trust her.

And, while it might be Halloween and we expect goblins and ghoulies to roam our streets,maybe  it’s okay if Hillary disguises herself as the good fairy even though evidence proves she is an evil witch.  But, as we choose our next President, we should remember that Hillary is a devious egomaniac.  And, knowing this, we MUST NOT allow Hillary to bewitch  us into believing her lies.