Monthly Archives: September 2019

Your Lyin’ Eyes

Democrats have jumped on every possible pretext to scream that President Trump should be impeached. There is no need to list the debacles that befell the Dems when they insisted that the Russian collusion story would be the downfall of his Presidency. No need to list unless you have been listening to CBS, NBC, MSNBC or CNN. Their breathless exclamations regarding each and every potential disaster have been systematically reduced to the gibberish that the “news” was to begin with.

So, to even the playing field with the Truth, there was no collusion between Mr. Trump and his team with Russia. General Flynn caved to the onslaught against him, but he only do so after they threatened his family and Flynn had no resources left to fight with. They harried countless good men and women out of serving our country with half truths and innuendoes which the main media distributed ad nauseum. Forget that these were salacious lies that only fed the reporters’ egos and the networks’ desire for anything to titillate the public.

Gone is any sense that reporters’ true job is to report facts. Their mission should not be to color a story to fit their own opinions or own agenda. But, the idea of reporting being an honest profession is long gone. Nowadays, reporters are known for their political bias and their stories reflect that. They are unapologetic in their hatred of President Trump. And, because the media owns the “mouthpieces” , that is the airwaves, it is difficult to bring any rationality to today’s “news”.

So, when Rep Schiff proclaimed that he had proof positive of Mr. Trump colluding with Russia to win the election, few in the media asked him to prove it. When, after demanding that a transcript of the phone call between the Ukraine President and President Trump be released to the public — and, it was, Schumer says that the transcript is not as critical as what the whistle blower had to say. A whistleblower who, by his own admission, never heard the actual phone call. His complaints were based on “sources” at the White House! No media outlet asked Schumer why a non-participant’s opinion of a conversation that he did not hear was more critical than the actual transcript.

It is no surprise that many of us have turned off the news and tuned out of the constant barrage against President Trump. After all the lies, innuendoes, false stories, and obvious attempts to destroy Mr. Trump, we find that we are more and more inclined to believe the outspoken President than a bunch of nattering, back-stabbing reporters who, along with many Democrats, have no concern for the damage their fallacious stories are doing to our country.

It is inconceivable why our elected representatives are hell bent on destroying President Trump and, with him, our country. Their constant attacks give our enemies comfort because the enemies realize we are a divided people.

So, I say to the Democrats, “Stop this ridiculous attempt to satisfy your own egos with the impeachment of President Trump. Get busy on what we sent you to Washington to do. And, for God’s sake, close your mouths and listen to what the American people say they want!”

Else, your lyin’ eyes will destroy all that is good in America!

Out of the mouth of babes……

This Biblical phrase tells us that sometimes, innocents know and speak only the truth. That is why a child is often more believable than an adult. The child has not learned to obfuscate, lie, or mislead. Hence, an innocent child speaks the truth, regardless of the consequences.

Out of the mouths of babes might be one way to find the Truth, but only if the children have not been brainwashed, either by experience or their community. Once indoctrination has begun, it is difficult to know if children are speaking the Truth, or someone else’s “truth”.

To my way of thinking, there are too many children receiving media attention because the children have been taught a certain, ideological view point. I’m thinking of David Hogg who feels that his own, personal experience gives him the right to lecture everyone else on gun control. Though 19, he has been the media’s sweetheart for several years, long before he could possibly have understood all the ramifications of gun control and Constitutional issues. Yes, he had a traumatic experience, but that experience might also have disproportionately influenced his opinions. His youthful approach, as with most advocates for gun control, reflects the theory that only he knows the truth. Anyone who disagrees with his stance HAS to be wrong, simply because he is right.

Greta Thunberg is another child whom the media is cultivating because she is on the march against climate warming. That opinion is very popular in Sweden and, of course, the liberal media gloms onto her and her viewpoint because………..she has the same ideas as they do. It’s sad to see a child cynically used for the benefit of a political issue, yet the press has no compunction about using, and abusing, even children. And, expecting a child to be the spokesperson for anything is, indeed, child abuse.

Normally, we encourage children to be aware of their world and to learn and listen as they grow up so they can be responsible adults. The problem with these two is that they have NOT grown up yet and, thus, are being used by the media in a very cavalier and debasing manner simply to advance PC issues. It is another example of the main stream media promoting their own causes, only this time, by exploiting children and their fears. And, worse, adults are expected to bow at the knee of these two, juvenile “experts”.

CNN and MSNBC and NBC need to start doing some homework and actually studying issues before giving a breathless, dramatic headline. And, certainly, any story worth telling should have its basis in facts. Neither David Hogg nor Greta Thunberg are old enough nor educated enough to be lecturing society on anything. David seems to be scarred by the horrific event he lived through. And Greta, well, who knows if her parents or community are instigating her public comments? At any rate, neither can be considered objective observers.

To stop this foolish reliance on a mere child, we need to insist that the media stop hyping the ridiculous idea that children should choose how society lives, or even, how government should react to what are, after all, important issues. Let’s insist that the media report facts and not merely the regurgitation of a popular ideology. And, to have that happen, we must hear from adults, not children.