Monthly Archives: July 2009

Who’s the racist here?

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0709/Obama_Cambridge_police_acted_stupidly.html

President Obama must move beyond racism as the culprit for everything that goes wrong to a black person in America.  Without even knowing the facts, he condemns the police because the intruder was black.

Isn’t it time for blacks and other minorities to stop claiming “racism” for every fracas that they are involved in?  Whether the Harvard professor was black or white, his neighbors reported  that “someone” was breaking into that house.  How did the police know whether this was the owner or a robber, especially when the professor refused to identify himself?  What would the professor have said if the intruder had not been himself, but a real robber?

Blacks have to accept that sometimes events do not play out as they wish.  We all have the same problem.

Surely, the president is intelligent enough to know that not everything that happens to a black person is based on race.  Or, is he?

Obama vs. Bush

This was a forwarded email. (I’ve removed images to keep it short and sweet.)

If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given Tony Blair a set of inexpensive and useless (to Tony Blair’s UK video formatting) DVDs, when Tony Blair had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the non-existent “Austrian language,” would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?

If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current on their income taxes, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?

So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive?

Can’t think of anything? Don’t worry. He’s done all this in 10 weeks — so you’ll have three years and nine-and-a-half months to come up with an answer.

More Power

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D99GD8QG2&show_article=1

Everyone used to laugh at Tim Allen’s he-man claim to need  “MORE POWER” .  But, it appears that the White House is still stuck in that old sitcom mode.  The headline reads:  White House wants more power to control Medicare Costs.

It appears that the White House, i.e. Obama and his Democratic minions, just want MORE POWER period.

They already control what the major media outlets tell us….witness the pandering from CNN, MSNBC, CBS, and NBC.  But, wait, that’s not enough!   They want to control what a CEO can be paid.  They want to control the minimum wage.  They want to control health care.  They want to control the education system.  They even used our tax dollars, despite most Americans opposing the bailout,  to bailout car companies, some financial institutions, and are now considering helping newspapers and tv outlets! They want to strip parents of being informed if an underage girl chooses to have an abortion.

When government has the power of life or death, abortion or life, then watch out!

MORE POWER?  I suggest they try using MORE COMMON SENSE  and MORE SELF CONTROL.

Talking out of both sides of his mouth!!!!!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2009/07/17/gop_rips_president_on_stimulus_in_obama_vs_obama_ad.html

The Democrats and Prsident Obama are so eager to get their welfare plans in place that they don’t even pay attention to what they’re saying.  One day, they say the stimulus will work “now”.   When the stimulus is seen as failing, Obama declares that he never meant “now”.  Well, what did he mean when he said “now”?????

Miscarriage of Justice

When a potential Supreme Court Justice has a history of making racist comments, as Soltomayor has, then even the Democrats should not support her.  Unfortunately, the Democrats are hell-bent on “winning”, no matter what the issue is.

So, they support a candidate for the Supreme Court who says that cultural biases make her a better judge than a white man would be.  They support National Health Care even though government NEVER runs things better than the private sector and even though countries with this system have much poorer health care than we do.

They support groups like Acorn, despite its exposed illegal actions, because Acorn will bring in more votes for them.  Heck.  In Minnesota, the liberals found more votes available for the Clown than there were registered voters!

For LIEberals, the goal is winning votes and they don’t care how they do it.  Steal from the “rich”?  Hey, what a novel idea!  Steal an election in Minnesota?  No problem, bro!

In America today, miscarriage of justice is the modus operandi of Democrats.  And, as long as we “let” them steal our democracy from us, they will keep being clowns and thieves.

Bring in the clowns…..

Well, with the addition of Al Franken, idiotic clown extraordinaire, as the Senator from Minnesota, the Senate is now exactly what most of thought it was — a bunch of clowns.

As the old Judy Collins’ song goes :

Don’t you love a farce?
But where are the clowns?
Send in the clowns.