Monthly Archives: December 2009

Terrorism and Body scans

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601070&sid=a4fzip9qPK44

After the failed attempt to blow up a Northwest airline flying into Detroit, there are a multitude of voices calling for more — more security, more scrutiny of passengers, and even more intrusive ways to check out passengers.  Some are trying to say that a full body scan of every passenger would prevent terrorism.  Maybe it would help in some cases, but there are countless other ways to flush out attempted terrorism.   Before anyone mandates that all passengers give up their personal privacy or submit to additional xrays, it seems wiser to implement other security measures because, even without the evidence of a body scan, there were a gazillion reasons to keep this particular passenger off the airline.

The terrorist was on the list of problematic  passengers.  He was flying on an international flight,  AND, according to some reports, he didn’t even have a passport! Most critical of all the evidence against this man is that his own father reported him as a radical and potential terrorist.    If even one of those indicators had been understood and proper procedures followed,  this threat would have been eliminated before it could happen.  Other measures should include constantly updating the computer system with profiles of potential terrorists…and, we should use those profiles.  We should insist upon a current passport.  NO ONE should be able to talk their way onto a flight without the proper ID and passport and valid boarding pass.

And, it’s time to hold someone responsible for such obvious lapses in our airline security.  Who’s to blame?  After the secure environment provided by President Bush, President Obama has gutted our security systems.  He says we are not at war with terrorism, but the terrorists haven’t heard the message!  President Obama has to stop  mollycoddling terrorists and start securing the homeland again.  And, it’s time for the media to start honestly reporting the failures of the Obama administration because, right now,  Obama is giventoo much latitude by the press even when our safety is at stake.  Remember when President Bush was berated for pausing 15 minutes to collect his thoughts before speaking out on 9/11?  Well, Obama waited several days before addressing this terrorist event…and, then, his message was to “be more vigilant”.  Wow, that’s going to stop the terrorists in their tracks!  Oh, wait. Obama was on vacation, so we shouldn’t expect him to do HIS job, right?

This particular incident occurred because of a failure by authorities to follow their own procedures.  It does NOT prove that body scans are  needed for every passenger.   What we do need is an administration that understands that terrorists are at war with us.  After all, this is not just some misguided young man who “happened” to be wearing explosives in his underwear.  We need an administration that will make sure that terrorists know they will receive the harshest punishment possible for their acts, not that they get the use of  some public defender–at our expense — and free rein to spew their hatred in a courtroom.

President Bush was castigated for playing golf after 9/11.  Well, we now have a president who takes off for Haiwaii — he needs a vacation after being in office less than a year —  when our country is in economic turmoil and our citizens threatened by unbridled terrorism.  We need President Obama to quit playing games and get down to the business of defending America and all Americans!

60 Hypocrites in Washington, D.C.

So, Senator Reid was finally able to buy that last vote needed to pass this horrendous health care bill.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/19/AR2009121900797_pf.html

What a farce this entire situation was!!  After Mary Landrieu of the $300 million fame publicly admitted she sold her vote, the rest of the Senate lined up to get ‘THEIR” FAIR SHARE.  Unfortunately, all these shares will come out of  OUR taxpayer dollars.

At Christmastime, we expect to see 3 Wise Men, not 60 money-grabbing, greedy, arrogant, unresponsive, evasive, double-dealing criminals determining our future.  But, there you have it.  It took some time before Senator Reid could find enough ways to buy off members of his own party, like  Nelson and Lieberman, but they finally all sold their souls to the Devil.  Let’s hope the Devil comes to get them soon.  In the meantime, if you want to see the 60 biggest hypocrites in the world….go to  Washington, D.C, and visit the Senate!!!

How much is “it” worth.

I’m asking how much a Senator or Representative’s vote is worth.   Ms Landrieu got $300,000,000 for her vote for health care.  And, I’m sure she’s not the only one.

The posturing and pseudo consideration of the health bill is ludicrous.  Grown men and women pretend to be studying the value of the bill–when we know they’re positioning themselves for the big buyout — even as the American public is saying “NO” in poll after poll.  We do NOT want a government run health insurance.  We do NOT want the government intruding into our private medical history.  We DON’T WANT Congress to insist upon health care “reform” when we know it is a political steal of our rights and privacy.

We DO WANT reform of the regulations that prohibit insurance companies from competing across state lines.

We DO WANT tort reform so doctors and hospitals can operate without fear of reprisals for problems that are truly beyond their control.

We DO WANT Congress to begin listening to us and STOP trying to control us.  Congress is supposed to REPRESENT us, not CONTROL us.

So, how much is an individual legislator’s vote worth? Only time will tell.

Lies, Lies, and more Lies!

How many lies does it take to make one a Democrat?  Well, here are some of the whoppers coming out of what was once a party “of the people”.

Al Gore — lying about Climategate:

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/climategate_gore_falsifies_the_record

Hillary’s nepotism for friends:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/71353-mark-penn-got-6-million-from-stimulus

Obama urging “more of the same bad lending practices” that led to the recession while simultaneously complaining about being handed a recession.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1209/30388.html

Obama pretending to have deserved the Nobel Peace Prize, while sending 30,000 more troops into harm’s way.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-obama-accept-nobel-peace-prize-oslo-norway/story?id=9284977

And, our beloved Senator Reid, trying to drum up racism in order to promote his own agenda.

http://www.breitbart.tv/harry-reid-implies-radio-host-is-racist-for-tying-fannie-mae-exec-to-obama/

IS IT ANY WONDER THAT PRESIDENT OBAMA HAS THE LOWEST APPROVAL RATING OF ANY PRESIDENT FOR THIS POINT IN HIS TERM?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/12/08/obamas-percent-approval-lowest-president-point/

Muckrakers

When I was young, we were told that muckrakers were journalists who scraped up muck on people and institutions in order to right wrongs.  If a politician was dirty, the muckraker would expose his faults.  If a business wasn’t following the law, the muckraker would explain exactly what was wrong with their business’ practices.  Muckrakers did a lot of good work in correcting what ailed society.

Today’s muckrakers have a new name and, it isn’t much prettier than muckraker.  It is computer hacker. Few people use it in a complimentary fashion.  But, the good news is that, many times, hackers have exposed a politician’s lies or fraud in government.  And isn’t it a good thing for all of us when corruption is laid bare and then corrected?

Well, maybe it is good for us, but risky for the hackers.  The latest expose is alleged global warming.  Hackers managed to reveal the skulduggery of scientists who promoted the concept of global warming even though they knew their “facts” were unfounded!   The scare tactics of these pseudo scientists included omitting data, fudging numbers, and even suppressing contrary voices… actually, much like Congress is doing in their attempt to foist health care measures upon an unwilling American public.

So now, even knowing that the hackers discovered corruption in the global warming theory community, some want to punish them.  Whether you agree with what the hackers did or not, there is absolutely no way you can deny what the hackers discovered.  And, aren’t we glad that these false prophets of global warming  have been shown to be liars?  Well, it depends.  If you’re on the losing side of the argument, as Barbara Boxer is, you want to punish those who made you look foolish.  It’s the old, “Kill the messenger” attitude that has worked top well for the democrats in the past.  Hence, she chooses to ignore the importance of the hackers’ revelations in favor of trying to punish them for exposing the untruths of global warming.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/70249-boxer-hacked-climategate-emails-may-face-criminal-probe

It sounds as though we should sic’ the hackers on good old Barbara!  Let the muckraking begin.