Monthly Archives: February 2007

Super Bowl…

So did anyone watch the Super Bowl? If you did, they made sure to let you know that 2 black coaches were meeting for the first time in the SB. Now, why should that matter? If we are truely wanting to be colorblind, then you should never even mention this, let alone think it. I didn’t, but apparently CBS had to make it apparent. I don’t care one bit that they were black. I think that they are 2 decent coaches. The sad thing is I was waiting for the game to end, and them say, “Well look here, every coach should be black cause they can win.” Well, one coach also lost here. I was sad that they failed to mention this is the first time ever, where both teams starting QB’s were white, and named Grossman and Manning.

Also, if you watched the ads, aside from being downright bad, you’d of seen the Coke ad that was celebrating black history. Showing the dates, such as, in 1950 something, a woman refused to give up her seat. Ok, that’s great, they were all strong people. But why didn’t they put up an ad talking about how Washington, Adams and such made this country what it is? Where was the ad of thanking each and every soldier?

Mr. Knowledge

Nobel Peace Prize nominations

To be nominated or to receive a Nobel Peace Prize is considered confirmation of a person’s ideas or the greatness of the person himself.

Not so.

In actuality, anyone can be nominated for the Peace Prize, if they know the right people. Nor is the committee itself governed by any universal set of guidelines. No outside input is allowed. Therefore, when former senator Gore was nominated, it was not the ultimate, universal accolade for a glorious achievement. His nomination was merely people of similar, philosophical mind using their unique circumstances to further their own theories.

In fact, there are many distinguished experts who disagree with Gore’s analysis on the issue of climate warming. However, climate warming is a popular, liberal idea right now, so those who dissent are unlikely to hear from the Nobel committee.

Is it a compliment when your fellow believers give you an award? I think not.

The true value of anyone or his ideas or his gifts to the world are not judged fairly until long after the person passes on. Let’s not allow a small, insular group to determine who truly deserves the title of “Peace maker” or “Knowledgable Scientist”. Even though the media will undoubtedly laud Senator Gore, do not let such praise persuade you that the praise is deserved. See the man for what he truly is….a dancing bear who entertains because the audience applauds him, not because bears are brilliant!

Drugs, tunnels, and Cash

Fox news today carried an article about tunnels between Mexico and the United States with which drug runners are able to bring drugs into our country and illegal aliens are able to enter with impunity.

The “problem” cited for not filling in the tunnels was the great expense because some of these tunnels are big enough for trucks to drive through.

The quickest solution is:

1 – Notify everyone that the tunnels will be filled at a certain time.

2 – String explosives along the entire route of the tunnel beginning at the Mexican border to wherever the tunnel opens on our side.

3 – Blast the tunnels into oblivion.

This method is cheap! Because the tunnels are mostly in desert areas, there would be little loss to people. It is technologically feasible because they already use this method to destroy high rise building. Additionally, the simplicity means new tunnels can be destroyed immediately.

The only problem with this method is its simplicity and transparency because politicians could not add “pork” to the project. It would be easier to insert extra costs if a multitude of concrete trucks, for example, are utilized rather than a few miles of wire and a few pounds of explosives.

Which method do you think Congress will use? Despite the availability of this simple plan, I am betting that the solution ultimately involves highly technical methods, many “experts”, and a truckload of cash — most of which goes to the politicians’ friends.