Monthly Archives: April 2009

Who governs America?

First, we have Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg saying that foreign laws must be taken into account when deciding American legal issues.  Now, we have a UN official telling us that we MUST prosecute former administration officials for “thinking” on paper — i.e., writing policy papers.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D97OTG5G0&show_article=1

VIENNA (AP) – The U.S. is obligated by a United Nations convention to prosecute Bush administration lawyers who allegedly drafted policies that approved the use of harsh interrogation tactics against terrorism suspects, the U.N.’s top anti-torture envoy said Friday.

I know we have let all kinds of illegal aliens enter our country and done nothing about making them return to their own home.  But, do we really need to accept all the laws of other countries’, too?

Where does this all end?  Do Americans decide what their laws should be or do foreigners?

In the land of “Nod”……….

http://www.tmz.com/2009/04/23/barack-a-bye-baby-obama-advisor-nods-off/

Barack-a-Bye Baby — Obama Advisor Nods Off

Barack Obama wants change — his top economic advisor just wants a nap.

Barack Obama

Just moments ago, Lawrence Summers, Director of the White House’s National Economic Council, was caught dozing off during a meeting with credit card officials.

Can U.S. taxpayers afford to give away $100 billion?

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSTRE53J6NH20090420?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews&rpc=22&sp=true

Obama proposes $100 billion U.S. loan for IMF

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President Barack Obama on Monday proposed a $100 billion U.S. loan to the International Monetary Fund to boost the IMF’s resources and urged a bigger stake in the IMF for emerging powers.

In a letter to U.S. congressional leaders, Obama said the U.S. funding “does not represent a budgetary expenditure or any increase in the deficit since it effectively represents an exchange of assets.”

Proof that you can’t buy friends!

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aun_fNO0161g

After all the years of American financial and social help to the entire world, including Latin America, our neighbors to the south still face multiple issues… all related to poverty and the harsh rule of dictators .

And, as happened in Europe, America has once again tried to make everything right and everyone happy, but no one is ever satisfied with our help.  We send money and are accused of trying to buy friends.   We send troops to help them quell insurgencies and are accused of colonialism.  We send Peace Corps and, in many cases, the insurgents take these volunteers as hostages.  Is there anything that America can do to change this situation?

My answer is that we have to stop trying to buy friends.  Thanks to the Marshall plan, Europe and Japan were rebuilt after WWII, even though we were not the aggressors in this war. Thanks to our massive influx of money and medical aid in Africa, many Africans are still living, despite being infected with AIDS.  But, are we thanked?  No, we are accused of not doing enough.

President Obama is the least experienced president we have ever elected, but hopefully, he will learn.  If he wants to learn from history , this should be his first lesson!  Do not expect to BUY friends and influence other countries.  History will repeat itself until we learn that these countries take the money and run back to their own hidey-hole.  Unfortunately, Obama’s “mea culpa” attitude is allowing the rest of the world to blame the United States for every problem everywhere!  Even  the leaders south of the border are taking this opportunity to once again take the money with one hand and criticize America with the other.  When will we finally stop apologizing for our success and tell the rest of the world to straighten out and help themselves?  Unfortunately,  Obama did NOT learn this on his first trip to Europe.  Will he learn from his Latin American trip?     Well, it doesn’t look like likely.  Here’s what the Latin America leaders had to say about their wonderfully generous neighbor, the United States:

Obama Gets History Lesson From Latin American Leaders (Update1)

By Helen Murphy and Joshua Goodman

April 18 (Bloomberg) — Latin American leaders railed against the U.S. during President Barack Obama’s first trip to the region, turning what was intended to mark a new direction in relations into a history lesson that chastised “Yankee troop” interventions and U.S.-dictated economic policies.

Obama — Bowing to the sheik!

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0409/White_House_No_bow_to_Saudi.html

No matter how the White House slices and dices it, President Obama is clearly bowing to the sheik! Check out the video on the above link to verify this yourself.

Whether it was his inexperience that made him think he should bow, or whether he is bowing to another Muslim leader, it was wrong.  Americans do NOT, and never have, bowed to anyone!

Because it shows subservience to another foreign leader, Obama’s bow is a direct insult to all Americans whom he claims to represent.

The Catholic Church and Notre Dame

Even knowing that President Obama supports abortion and the Catholic Church is diametrically opposed to abortion, Notre Dame has asked Obama to be the  commencement speaker.  What is worse, they are planning to award him an honorary degree!

It’s time for the Catholic Church to demonstrate the power of their principles.  Killing the unborn is murder, and as such, a mortal sin. Why would any church confer their blessing on someone who absolutely believes it is all right to scrape a baby out of its mother’s womb?

In the past, the Church has made many mistakes and created problems for the faithful.  The Crusaders were  basically mercenaries.  While that is still a tenet of some of the radical sects of the Islamic faith, and although there were many mercenaries at the time, the Catholic Church has apologized for that episode of its history.

Then, the Church failed to oppose the attrocities of the Nazis against the Jewish people. In these instances, and others, the Church has abjectly apologized and promised to be “better”.

Now, we have a very simple test of whether the Church has learned its lesson.  Supporting a policy of murder is not a Christian path to Heaven.  And, even though abortion fans have attempted to relabel abortion as “choice”, we all know it is murder.

It’s time for the Church to stand up and tell the world that we do NOT support abortion in any form and we do NOT support those who actively allow abortions to continue!  It’s time for the Church to tell President Obama that we are happy to have him speak because he is the president, but there will be NO AWARD for someone, even a President of the United States,  who supports murder.

Obama — the Great Divider

Partisan Gap in Obama Job Approval Widest in Modern Era

April 2, 2009

For all of his hopes about bipartisanship, Barack Obama has the most polarized early job approval ratings of any president in the past four decades. The 61-point partisan gap in opinions about Obama’s job performance is the result of a combination of high Democratic ratings for the president — 88% job approval among Democrats — and relatively low approval ratings among Republicans (27%).

The results of a Pew poll are no surprise when you have a President who does not consider the opposing viewpoint of anyone and a Congress that is determining policy behind closed doors, without any input from the other party!

Letterman

Last night I saw Letterman’s opening monologue. Of course I didn’t watch all of it, but one of his jokes was explaing that it was April Fools Day, and how funny it was that when Bush took office his National Holiday was so early in his term. That was 8 years ago. How does someone even remotely think that is funny anymore? Had he done it during his term, I could see where LIEberals would find it amusing, but come on, is this the best they have to offer?

Sadly, it is.

– Mr. Knowledge

Obama Chutzpah!

Rather than giving Queen Elizabeth a momento of Americana, maybe a craft from the Appalachians or maybe a native American blanket, President Obama gave her an iPod!  And, to top it off, the Drudge is reporting that he had HIS OWN SPEECHES recorded on it.

My gosh!  It is embarrassing that our president would actually believe another head of state wants to listen to his political speeches.  But, it is indicative of the arrogance and deaf ear that the Democrats have for anything other than what they consider “their” agenda.

Of all the missteps by Obama in his choices of nominees, his comments about the mentally challenged, and even his challenging of Rush Limbaugh, this massive show of arrogance might seem insignificant.  But, such a misunderstanding of what the world is listening for (and it is NOT his speeches) is just another demonstration of his inexperience.

Do any Democrats pay taxes or play by the rules?

Or, is it only the American public who pays the taxes — and salaries of the administration’s tax cheats!!!

Where is the honest administration that Obama promised?  So far, he has surrounded himself with tax cheats (Geitherner and now this new example, Sebelius), perjurers (Biden), and liars (Secretary of State Clinton). How does he expect to get wise and honest counsel from people who have consistently not paid taxes that they owe or who have been corrupt in many endeavors?

I guess it really pays to be a Democrat now.  You don’t need to pay the taxes that are breaking the back of the American people.  And, there are no reprisals from the IRS for you either.

The only ones who need fear prosecution are Republicans like ex Senator Stevens whose conviction was overturned due to prosecutorial misconduct.  Even the judge in the case constantly reprimanded the prosecution who disregarded his admonitions and  continued on without following the rules of our legal system.  Of course, once Senator Stevens lost his senate seat, then the Attorney General jumped in and declared that there would be no trial and the conviction essentially is thrown out.  Wow.  Another gain for the Democrats at the expense of our legal system!

But, then, when you consider that our current President came from the Chicago political system and had no experience in anything except a free ride, who’s surprised?