Monthly Archives: December 2006

Proposed apologies, proposed by one of my daily "reads", Larry Elder

Dear Anti-Defamation League:

Please accept my apology. I lost my temper during my husband’s unsuccessful 1974 congressional campaign. Bill’s campaign adviser, Paul Fray, and his wife publicly claim that I called Fray a “f—ing Jew bastard.” I don’t recall this, but assuming I did, what was I thinking? It wasn’t my heart.

Sincerely yours, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton

Dear Jesse Jackson and local Little Rock, Ark., black activist Robert “Say” McIntosh:

Former Arkansas State Trooper Larry Patterson publicly claimed I referred to the two of you as “n—ers.” Ditto what Hillary just said.

Sincerely, Former President of the United States Bill Clinton