Monthly Archives: August 2009

The blame game….

It doesn’t surprise me that President Obama is looking to blame someone, anyone, for his own policy failures here and abroad, notably Afghanistan.  For a man who professed to look “forward”, he spends an amazing amount of time and energy trying to redirect the responsibility for events backwards onto his predecessor, former President Bush.

So, here’s Obama’s latest attempt to pass the buck:

http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSISL12983720090831

The White House sought on Monday to pin the blame for the grave state of the war in Afghanistan on the Bush administration, which made Iraq its top military priority.

Wrangling Rangle

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203706604574376720192072820.html

What a surprise!  Another Congressman who is in abeyance of tax laws which the rest of us must follow!  How many of us can hide assets and get away with it?  Well, today’s Congress and administration are full of tax cheats -remember Geithner and Dashle?

The surprise is NOT that Rangle wrangled his finances to save himself money.  And, it is NOT a surprise that the media is letting him get away with it.  The surprise is that the IRS does NOT go after Rangle and impose the same penalties and fines that an ordinary American would face, if we tried those shenanigans.  Rangle is not the first nor the last to profit from being in Congress.  President Obama had his share of profits while a Senator, and he certainly is taking advantage of the benefits of being President!

Unfortunately, like the proposed health care, Congress and the Administration do not feel that they are “ordinary” like the rest of us.   They do not have to follow the same laws.  That is why they do not plan to be part of this “wonderful” health care plan.  Oh, no, Obama said he’s “the President” and doesn’t have to participate.  Senators and Representatives are following his lead and getting preferential treatment in every aspect of health care, pensions, social security, and other things that the average American works hard to pay for.

Isn’t it time for Congress and even the President to have to follow the laws, just like we do?

Eulogizing Kennedy–Please don’t!

It is almost always difficult for friends and family when someone they care about dies.  Ted Kennedy is no different.

However, it is hypocritical to eulogize the man for what he was not.  He was NOT a statesman.   He was a partisan for the left his entire life.

He was NOT a friend to the environment.  In fact, he led the battle against wind power in the bay even though they would not have been visible from his house!

He was NOT a heroic figure, despite losing two brothers to assassination.  Although it is tragic that John and Bobby were killed, those tragedies do not improve Ted’s reputation and certainly did not improve his own behaviour!  In fact, the entire male side of the family was and is morally challenged.  His father delivered his own daughter to a lobotomy, without asking the mother or any objective, outside medical authority.  His father made millions in stock market deals that he later legislated against!  His brother, John, had numerous affairs, even while President and, like former President Clinton, even in the White House!

So, please spare us the pious comments about what a great man he was.  He was NOT.  He might have been your friend, father, uncle, or brother, but he was NOT a leader of men nor a leader of the country.  He was an example of a very flawed human being who took advantage of his family’s name and money to prevent himself from suffering any of the consequences of his bad behaviour.  Although many of today’s youth will not recognize Chappaquidick,  we baby boomers remember when a Kennedy — Ted — was responsible for drunk driving which resulted in a woman drowning.  He did not report the crime until the next morning and he never suffered any legal action.

That was what it meant to be a Kennedy.  Their family motto was:  use, abuse, enjoy!

England’s Health Care — Not There!

Before Congress inflicts a health care system that doesn’t work in other countries upon Americans, let’s look at yet another example of universal health care’s failings:

The babies born in hospital corridors: Bed shortage forces 4,000 mothers to give birth in lifts, offices and hospital toilets

By : Jenny Hope & Nick Mcdermott

Women are giving birth outside of the wards

Maternity crisis: Women are giving birth in lifts and even toilets

Thousands of women are having to give birth outside maternity wards because of a lack of midwives and hospital beds.

The lives of mothers and babies are being put at risk as births in locations ranging from lifts to toilets – even a caravan – went up 15 per cent last year to almost 4,000.

Farve — the Vikings’ Point Man

Coach Lombardi coached the Green Bay Packers from 1959-1967.  He CHOSE to retire, but a year later, he CHOSE to coach the Washington Redskins.

Result?  The Super Bowl trophy is named after Coach Lombardi.

Coach Holmgren coached the Green Bay Packers from 1992 to 1998.  He CHOSE to leave the Packers and he CHOSE to coach the Seahawks.

Result?  A Green Bay street is named after Coach Holmgren.

Quarterback Bret Favre played for the Packers from 1992 to 2007…bringing them many victories and even a Super Bowl title.  He WANTED to play for the Packers forever, but THEY REFUSED TO LET HIM.  So, in order to play football, he had to go to another team.  This time, the Minnesota Vikings CHOSE Favre!

Result?  Favre is villified by some Green Bay fans and media.

Can anyone see the hypocrisy of criticizing a man who just wants to play football?  I can.  I say, “Good luck , Favre!”

And, I raise my glass to you in a toast….Skoal!!!

Obama, the “Techie”…….NOT

Ha ha.  The President whom everyone claimed was the most technologically advanced candidate in the world is now claiming a “mistake” was made when unsolicited emails — spam to most of us ordinary folk — were sent.

It couldn’t have been that they tried spamming as a trial balloon, could it?  And, when people complained, they looked for a scapegoat?  Ah, yes.  It was a mistake!!!

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9A5ADQ00&show_article=1

Change-up: White House sent unsolicited e-mails

WASHINGTON (AP) – The White House is blaming unnamed political groups for the unsolicited e-mails it had wrongly insisted no one was receiving from its online operation.”We’re certainly not interested in anyone receiving e-mails from the White House who don’t want them,” White House online director Macon Phillips said in a blog posting Monday night.

Phillips said groups outside the White House—he offered no specifics—had signed up their members to receive regular White House updates about President Barack Obama’s projects, priorities and speeches. Adding names from a commercial or political list to the White House list was not the practice there, he said.

After the White House had consistently denied that anyone who hadn’t sought the e-mails had received them, Phillips acknowledged that people may have been added to the e-mail lists without their knowledge.

“We regret any inconvenience caused by receiving an unexpected message,” he wrote in the blog.

More Health Scare news

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5jbjzPEY0Y3bvRD335rGu_Z3KXoQw

Overhauling health-care system tops agenda at annual meeting of Canada’s doctors
By Jennifer Graham (CP) – 1 day ago

SASKATOON — The incoming president of the Canadian Medical Association says this country’s health-care system is sick and doctors need to develop a plan to cure it.

Dr. Anne Doig says patients are getting less than optimal care and she adds that physicians from across the country – who will gather in Saskatoon on Sunday for their annual meeting – recognize that changes must be made.

“We all agree that the system is imploding, we all agree that things are more precarious than perhaps Canadians realize,” Doing said in an interview with The Canadian Press.

AND THEY WANT TO GIVE US THE SAME, INEFFICIENT, USELESS SYSTEM?  LET CONGRESS TRY IT OUT ON THEMSELVES AND THEIR OWN FAMILIES FIRST!

Don’t trust Obama!

Don’t trust President Obama nor the Democrats to keep their promises.  Obama has broken most of his campaign promises already, so what makes anyone think he would make good on an agreement about health care?  Let the protests continue!

White House appears ready to drop ‘public option’

WASHINGTON (AP) — Bowing to Republican pressure and an uneasy public, President Barack Obama’s administration signaled Sunday it is ready to abandon the idea of giving Americans the option of government-run insurance as part of a new health care system.

Facing mounting opposition to the overhaul, administration officials left open the chance for a compromise with Republicans that would include health insurance cooperatives instead of a government-run plan. Such a concession probably would enrage Obama’s liberal supporters but could deliver a much-needed victory on a top domestic priority opposed by GOP lawmakers.

White House Pressure

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.228e42c5948115405d6f3ec5d1ad6b50.1a1&show_article=1

Looks as though President Obama wants even more from the press — he doesn’t like it when some in the media actually report the news.  Obama wants only the news he thinks is fit to print to be printed!

Maybe the press corps is waking up to its responsibilities.  Their job is to report the news, not placate President Obama.

Health “care” or “scare” ?????

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090812/ap_on_go_co/us_health_care_protests

Democratic legislators are trying desperately to convince Americans that the Health Care bill they propose is a solution for anything wrong with our current health care system.  You know what?  I don’t care!

I don’t care that they TELL me it is for my own best interests.  I know better.  Government has NEVER run anything efficiently or well.  I WANT the current system to remain because it has served me, and everyone I know,  very well.

I don’t care that Specter, and Pelosi, and Reid, and others are saying that the protestors “don’t represent the American people.”   Unless they have a referendum on health care, there is NO way for anyone to actually know what Americans think of any issue.  Elections are indications of general philosophies, but they are terrible indicators of attitudes on specific issue.

I do care that these legislators are using MY, and your, tax money to convince us to accept a program that we don’t want.  I do care that these legislators are calling us names when we voice our opinions.

I do care that, in the rush to pass legislation, a new system will be enacted which will devastate health care as we know it.  No one will be better off.  Everyone will suffer.  But, the legislators have forgotten that they are supposed to represent US – yes the United States is US-  rather than TELL us what to think, feel, say, or do!  Some legislators think they were elected to be gods, not representatives of the People.

So, health CARE?  A better name would be Health SCARE!