Monthly Archives: February 2009

Obama — Driving Detroit into the Ground………

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090223/AUTO01/902230327

Is President Obama  a  “Do as I say, not as I do” kind of guy?  This analysis of the cars that Team Obama drives sure makes it look like he is.

Detroit, this is your choice for President.   Guess the old “hurts to be you” applies in this case!  Ouch!

What’s Al Gore’s telephone number?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601110&sid=aIe9swvOqwIY

Arctic Sea Ice Underestimated for Weeks Due to Faulty Sensor

The following article illustrates why Al Gore’s kneejerk reaction to “global warming”  contradicts the facts.  In this case, a faulty sensor misread the ice levels.  Either Mr. Gore can’t read and understand scientific data or, he is an idiot.  I believe that he is a complete buffoon who, through his political position, promoted the Lieberal hatred for anything remotely human , especially if that person is an American!  In their world view, every human activity creates problems for Mother Earth and Americans are the worst of the lot!

  He beat the drums of global warming, disregarding respected scientists world wide who say that there is no way to discern if human activity is truly causing climate changes, despite his lack of any scientific credentials.

Oh, yes.  He rode that hobby horse right into fame and fortune.  What a surprise that a Democrat would use any possible issue in order to improve their own fortunes!

By Alex Morales

Feb. 20 (Bloomberg) — A glitch in satellite sensors caused scientists to underestimate the extent of Arctic sea ice by 500,000 square kilometers (193,000 square miles), a California- size area, the U.S. National Snow and Ice Data Center said.

The error, due to a problem called “sensor drift,” began in early January and caused a slowly growing underestimation of sea ice extent until mid-February. That’s when “puzzled readers” alerted the NSIDC about data showing ice-covered areas as stretches of open ocean, the Boulder, Colorado-based group said on its Web site.

“Sensor drift, although infrequent, does occasionally occur and it is one of the things that we account for during quality- control measures prior to archiving the data,” the center said. “Although we believe that data prior to early January are reliable, we will conduct a full quality check.’’

The extent of Arctic sea ice is seen as a key measure of how rising temperatures are affecting the Earth. The cap retreated in 2007 to its lowest extent ever and last year posted its second- lowest annual minimum at the end of the yearly melt season. The recent error doesn’t change findings that Arctic ice is retreating, the NSIDC said.

The center said real-time data on sea ice is always less reliable than archived numbers because full checks haven’t yet been carried out. Historical data is checked across other sources, it said.

The NSIDC uses Department of Defense satellites to obtain its Arctic sea ice data rather than more accurate National Aeronautics and Space Administration equipment. That’s because the defense satellites have a longer period of historical data, enabling scientists to draw conclusions about long-term ice melt, the center said.

“There is a balance between being as accurate as possible at any given moment and being as consistent as possible through long time-periods,” NSIDC said. “Our main scientific focus is on the long-term changes in Arctic sea ice.”

Censorship and its sneaky beginning………

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D96FGCO02&show_article=1

Censorship might have its place in a time of war when you need to keep your enemies guessing;  but, it has no place in modern America.  Yet, there are always those who consider themselves to be THE ARBITERS of what is okay to say and what is not okay to say, write, draw, or show.

Reverand Al Sharpton is upset over a cartoon!  He claims it is a racist attack.  The Vatican is upset over a depiction of Jesus and Mary.  They claim it is an attack on religion.  A Senator is promoting a “fairness” requirement for radio talk show hosts.  He sees freedom of speech as an opportunity for those who oppose him to voice their opinion!  The ACLU doesn’t want even a period of silence in schools.  They claim it is forced prayer!  Where –and when — do all these attacks on our right to freedom of speech end?

Every single one of these individuals are self-imposed censors of what is acceptable or what is not.  They want to censor anything they consider “racist”, “anti-Catholic”, “politically correct”, or “religious”.  These attacks on free speech are cleverly disguised, but they all amount to censorship.

No one — and I mean not Al Sharpton nor the ACLU nor even a Senator — should have the power to change the right to Freedom of Speech.  If these people don’t like what they are hearing or seeing or listening to, turn the radio or tv off!  Don’t buy that newspaper!  But, DON’T try to take away our right to choose what WE  read, see, hear, buy, or say.  You are not the Speech police.  You are censors.  And, with your sneaky beginning attacks of free speech, you are DANGEROUS to us all!

Doyle and his “anything goes” philosophy……….

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090219/GPG0101/90219053/1978&located=RSS

Wisconsin’s Governor Doyle is not only an opportunist when it comes to others’ money, he is also a bully.  First, he filches money from non-governmental funds, and now he wants to legitimitize same-sex couples.  Regardless of what the state’s voters want, and the fact that a governor does not write the law, Doyle assumes he can legislate from the Governor’s office.

One huge change that Doyle is pushing to make law is to allow same sex couples access to the significant other in hospital situations, etc.  However, he doesn’t tell anyone that this right already exists!   Every patient is allowed to choose who has access to his files and who can make end-of-life decisions.  All that has to be done is to fill out the appropriate forms and sign them.  I know this because I am my father’s designated health POA.  If my dad had preferred, he could have named the local dog catcher to be his health POA!  This is the law and has been in effect for some time.  The Democrats pretend that it is a problem so they can use the situation as a pretext to further their social agenda!  To say that we have to recognize same-sex couples so they can stay together when one of them is hospitalized is an absolute LIE!

Here is the Wisconsin site to apply for health POA.  The text below proves that the individual CHOOSES whom he wants to represent him!

http://www.legalhelpmate.com/health-care-directive-faq.aspx#be-my-agent

This is an important decision. You may have several close relatives or friends who would be willing to become your Health Care (Medical) Power of Attorney or agent. This person should be able to make tough decisions, to speak up in a crisis situation, to understand your values and desires and could speak for you when you are unable to speak for yourself? Pick someone you trust, who will really listen to your feelings and values. Make sure that person is willing to assume the responsibility of being your representative.

Choose just one person to serve as your agent and you may avoid disagreements. If you appoint two or more agents to serve together and they disagree, your medical caregivers will have no clear direction. If possible, appoint at least one alternate agent in case your primary agent is not available.

Speak to the person (and alternate agents) you wish to appoint beforehand to explain your desires. Confirm their willingness to act for you and their understanding of your wishes.

The agent must be a well-known to you and trusted person, older then 18 years of age.

The general rule is that you cannot appoint someone who is providing you health care (or an owner, employee or director of that health care provider or of a hospital, psychiatric care facility, hospice, nursing home or other similar facility) unless that person is related to you by blood, marriage or adoption.

Is anyone surprised that a Democrat, Governor Doyle, would bend the truth to further his Lieberal philosophy?  I’m not.  His “anything goes” philosophy includes the assumption that he is allowed to determine our moral and cultural standards, simply because he is the governor of Wisconsin.

Isn’t it time to return to the founding principle of one-man, one vote?  And, a governor — whether male or female — should not use the leverage of his office to legislate, intimidate, or influence in an effort to further his own personal agenda when it runs contrary to our personal philosophies.  I say we should tell the “anything goes” governor to GO–and, please, go far away!

Doyle — Penny wise and pound foolish.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090218/GPG0101/90218163/1978&located=RSS

Governor Doyle of Wisconsin is proposing cutting out “lucrative” tax credits for movie makers!  He is the same man who stole millions from a private doctors’ fund that was designed to help pay the victims of malpractice cases if the penalties were above the insurance company’s limits.  Now, Doyle wants to tax those earning more than $300,000 at a steeper rate than those who earn less.  Of course, most small businesses fall into this category and will suffer.

And, not only do small businesses need a tax break to be profitable, but so do movie makers.   ALL industry — Hollywood or local– provides jobs because even movie stars and producers need a place to eat and sleep.  That means the hotels and motels prosper, as do the restaurants in the area.  And, usually, like the rest of us, Hollywood stars need transportation, so they drive cars which helps the gas stations.  So, let’s not tax them more.  Let’s encourage them coming here by making it financially possible through lower taxes!

The doctors’ fund was a unique fund, set aside ONLY by doctors, as a means of helping actually pay for those exorbitant penalties that are sometimes awarded.  The state government had no part in the planning or funding of this project, yet Doyle felt comfortable in stealing the money set aside for victims.

Lastly, by taxing those earning more than $300,000, Governor Doyle will be taxing many small businesses.  Small business is the backbone of any economy and provides a huge number of jobs.   Unfortunately, all our governor is interested in is paying the massive bills that he ran up with his irresponsible spending.

The fallacy in all of Doyle’s proposals is that he assumes that taxing some more than others will lead to greater prosperity for Wisconsin.  That has been tried over and over again in the past and has always proved to be  absolutely false!  As an example, a while back, the state decided to increase tax income by taxing yachts.  After all, the assumption was that those wealthy enough to afford a yach could afford to pay more taxes on that yacht!   Of course the price of yachts went up.  And, just as quickly, the “wealthy” decided they could put off buying a new yacht.  In fact, so many of the “wealthy” decided to forego buying a new yacht that business slumped.  Without buyers, boat builders built less boats.  Less boats meant less help was needed, so Carver Boat Builders in Pulaski laid off workers.  So, the net result of raising taxes on the “wealthy” was that workers lost their jobs.  Huh!

But, Democrats like Doyle never seem to learn this economic lesson.  If businesses have to pay more taxes, they will shrink in size and in their workforce which means more unemployed Americans.  Democrats always assume that they can tax someone, somewhere, to pay for irresponsible spending by the state and federal government.  Such taxation has never increased the state coffers in the past and, with the country already in a recession, will just cause more trouble for us ordinary citizens.  Higher taxes on the “wealthy” makes a good campaign slogan, but is not a workable economic solution.  Robbing Peter to pay Paul is penny wise and pound foolish!

Democrats — Lowering the Bar

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02162009/news/columnists/govs_hy_pay_crisy_155409.htm

I’m talking about the ethics bar. For a party that claimed they would improve the morality in Washington, Democrats have been a complete failure !

 How many Democrats have been accused, impeached, or mentioned in a wide variety of criminal activities?  Senator Reid’s family benefited financially from his senatorial status.  Pelosi sent some companies a special stipend, thanks to the bailout.  Senator Burris, President Obama’s replacement, is now facing challenges to his testimony.  The Illinois governor was impeached.  President Obama claims to have not know the governor personally, but there are pictures proving otherwise.

Now, the New York Governor, a replacement for the former, Democratic governor who left under scnadalous conditions, has decided to raise the salaries of some of his best buddies, despite the state of New York supposedly being in financial trouble.

Where does this money grubbing party stop its antics?  It won’t be any time soon because they now have the 780 gazillion dollars from the bailout to work with.

These criminal activities by Democrats are your — and my — tax dollars at work.  The Democrats are not only lowering the ethical bar, but beating us over the head with it.  Our grandchildren will pay for the Democrats not being honest men and women.

Can Congress read?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvnwOjDjnH4

Can Congress read the 1100 pages of this new stimulus bill?  Looks like there was no time to do that.  Let’s vote.  Let’s vote.

The Congressional Budget Office said this stimulus bill will NOT HELP and probably will HURT our economy.  Did Congress listen?  If spending this much money does not help, why did Democrats insist on passing it anyway?  If Congress doesn’t bother to read bills before voting, why are they being paid?

 Americans have to start demanding legislators who do their job which means protecting our tax dollars.  Or else, let’s throw them out.  Can they read the handwriting on the wall?