Monthly Archives: November 2009

Media blunder…?

If you’ve been under a rock and don’t know about the White House dinner story, Read This! Personally, I think the stunt / gag was pretty funny.

Here’s where the media rears its ugly head. Had this been President Bush in the White House the press would have a field day talking about the administration’s incompetence. Instead, the lieberal media comes to Obama’s defense and claims the stunt was wrong and charges be flung at the couple like candy. Had this been with the Bush administration, the media would be lauding the couple for sticking it to President Bush. It’s this double standard in the media I think shows a clear cut example of how bat-shit insane they are.

Another example is the Tiger Woods story. First of all, everyone and their brother are making assumptions and throwing out opinions as on national tv. It’s ok if you want to throw out opinion in the safety of your home, but when you’re in a public forum you can’t decide what the facts are on his personal life or what may have happened. Then watching the Sports Reporters Sunday, Mike Lupica made note that they deserve to know all the details as to where he was going and why, so that they may correctly determine what happened. Until it’s public record, he and everyone else have no right to know what went down.

Maybe Tiger just lost control of his car, maybe there was some personal issues or maybe he was trying to run over a nosy reporter.

If it’s the third option, let’s hope there’s more like him. 🙂

– Mr. Knowledge

Time to be Honest–Who should choose our health care?

As the health care debate begins, it is past time to be honest about what the bill really contains.

Besides exempting Congress, the President and probably a myriad of their supporters, both the Senate and House versions are bureaucratic nightmares.  Layer upon layer of bureaucrats will find employment if this bill is enacted.  The irony is that the American public does NOT support the bills…. so why are Democrats pushing it so hard?  Well, they consider it their political legacy.  Unfortunately, it will be OUR FINANCIAL RUIN.

And, even if it were efficient,which it is not ….. or cost effective,which  it is not, many of us do not support abortion and don’t want the government actively engaged in killing babies.

Nor do we want our health care decided by someone who doesn’t know us and, like the HHS secretary Kathleen Sibelius, is not even a doctor!  No, she is a lawyer and she will be the ultimate judge of what health care we are to receive!  Here is the proof of that bitter truth:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/HHS-would-become-federal-giant-under-Senate-plan-8586777-73718162.html

So, it’s time to be honest.  Congress is a cancer that threatens to spread its idiocy throughout every sector of our society.  It’s time to send them home before they devastate our entire country.

What’s hiding under the rug?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/georgemonbiot/2009/nov/25/monbiot-climate-leak-crisis-response

Well, if you’re a global warming advocate, like Al Gore, you hope that no more emails showing how his fans hid data that contradicted the global warming theory and even suppressed those who disagreed with it will be discovered.

Unfortunately, the liberal media will undoubtedly just sweep the contradictory information under the rug!

If you want the real facts, go to FOX NEWS.

Short and sweet…

I would like to give thanks to the soldiers, especially all those who have given their life for this country.

“It is the soldier, not the poet, who gives us Freedom of Speech.
It is the soldier, not the reporter, who gives us Freedom of the Press.
It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us Freedom to protest.
It is the soldier who serves beneath the flag, who salutes the flag and whose
coffin is draped in the flag that gives demonstrators the right to burn the flag.”

-Mr. Knowledge

28th Amendment

Many of us are upset with Congress’ trying to ram through health legislation, and other issues like Cap and Trade, that we DO NOT WANT!  However, I received an email with a solution to Congress’ arrogance.  If Congress had to follow the same rules and laws that we did, they wouldn’t be so keen to pass overbearing and over-reaching legislation.  So, here’s the answer!

Presenting: The 28th Amendment

“When the people fear their government there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”  ~ Thomas Jefferson

Amendment 28
Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United
States that does not apply equally to the Senators or Representatives,
and Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators or
Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the
United States .

Any representative that won’t support this amendment should not get elected….PERIOD!!!

Bowing and Scraping..

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.50fd6792b83ac59fea414195ebeb58b3.2d1&show_article=1

First we had to listen to our own President denigrate the United States while overseas.

Then, we had to try to figure out which strategy for Afghanistan he truly believes in.

Now, we have to see our President bowing and scraping to emperors and Arabian “kings” and wearing clothes suitable for China, but not most Americans!

President Obama should realize that he represents the American people and our DEMOCRACY.  When he bowed to the Japanese emporer, when he bowed to the Arab “king”, and now, when he dons Chinese clothing while in China,  he shows just how little he understands of the American persona and our belief that everyone is equal.

So, enough of this fawning and bowing and scraping.  Stand up and be a man, Mr. President.  Stand up for America.

How low will Obama go?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2009/11/obama-emperor-akihito-japan.html

First he bows to a Muslim leader and now to a Japanese leader.

Isn’t it ironic that Obama, who routinely talks about discrimination that emanated from slavery, is now bowing to what are, or were, dictators.  Doesn’t he realize that he is conferring legitimacy on a form of government that Americans did not want when our country began, and still do not want?

His inexperience and self-serving goals are definitely being showcased in his Asian tour.  However, he wants to be the dictator here in America, so accepting other countries’ non-democratic institutions can only further his own goals back here.  Unfortunately, by playing a subservient role, he is making a fool of himself and our entire country!

So, rather than standing up for America, he bows to other nations.  How low will Obama go?  No one knows, but every time he bows, neither his nor America’s best side is showing!

PC is killing us……

The Fort Hood shooting is yet another case where it is obvious that someone who hated us, again a Muslim, decided to kill Americans.  And, in the spirit of PC,  the White House is concerned about a backlash against Muslims!  In their mission to implement their own philosophy, they have identified anyone who is not white and not conservative as “the” minority which must be defended.

What ever happened to the rights of others…especially the right to live?

According to the PC, we cannot tell Islam that they are NOT the arbiters of which religion is best nor whether women deserve equal rights.  This despite American laws which say otherwise.

According to the PC police, despite evidence that strongly supports this as another act of terror by a Muslim, we have to consider whether he was conflicted about our society and his deployment to the MidEast.  I can’t imagine any soldier not being conflicted about having to shoot an enemy, but that should have been addressed before joining the military.

Well, I’m sick of the PC police manhandling the rights of Americans, just because “someone” might be offended.  There are lots of things that offend me, but the ACLU hasn’t asked for my feedback yet, so here’s my new philosophy!

I’m no longer going to call the Koran the “holy Koran” until I hear Islam call MY Bible the Holy Bible.

I’m no longer going to call certain cities in the Mideast the “holy” city of whatever until I hear them speak of the Holy See in Italy.

I’ve never accepted Islam’s right to kill those who do not accept Islam.  Yes, we Catholics had our Holy Crusade but we regret it and it’s been over for quite awhile.  We got over it, so should they!

I’m no longer going to refer to Indians as Native Americans (I have Indian blood and am proud of it!) nor blacks as African Americans nor Mexicans as Hispanic Americans until someone sets up a program to defend us “Swedish Americans.”  That’s about how ridiculous this PC stuff has become!  Whatever happened to us all being just Americans?

I would defend someone’s right to celebrate Islam’s religious holidays if they give me the right to celebrate Easter and Christmas.

I would accept it if women in Islamic countries choose to wear the long robes, but I resent having them consider the rest of the world sinful for wearing other attire.

In short, I’m just plain tired of another culture trying to force us to be like them.  Getting along is a two way street and Islam should understand that not everyone believes as they do.  Living in America and enjoying our freedoms should NOT include the right to completely silence anything you don’t agree with.  Wasn’t diversity what made America great?

Unfortunately,  PC police are running rampant through American society.  President Obama, who claimed he wanted to be the great uniter, has become the great divider.  He called  conservative Americans  “tea baggers and anti-government” people.  What happened to the President representing the entire American populace?

I truly think that the PC movement will kill the America I know and love and that I grew up in.  Rules are constantly being changed so that someone who worked their whole life to afford a retirement is now responsible to pay for those who loafed through life.  The government wants to take more and more of our paycheck to pay for someone else.  And, I am supposed to sit here quietly and thank them for the opportunity to “contribute” to the American dream.  Well, my dream was to work hard, retire, and enjoy our grandchildren.  Looks as though Obama and his Democrat minions have other plans for me.

Who’s looking out for those of us who followed the rules of the game?  No one.  As my sons tell me, conservative Americans, especially if we happen to be white, are the true minority in America!

Obama — the Great Divider………..

Mr. Obama, during his private pep talk to Democrats, recognized Mr. Owens’s election and then posed a question to the other lawmakers. According to Representative Earl Blumenauer of Oregon, who supports the health care bill, the president asked, “Does anybody think that the teabag, anti-government people are going to support them if they bring down health care? All it will do is confuse and dispirit” Democratic voters “and it will encourage the extremists.”

It’s the old “label, then attack” policy that the Democrats have used before.

Isn’t it strange — well, politics as usual — that President Obama thinks that those who oppose his health care plans are “teabag, anti-government people” ?????

Funny, I thought we were all Americans!

Excuses, excuses……….

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/11/08/lone-gop-supporter-house-health-care-defends-vote/#discussion-form

To try to say that you voted for the health care bill that Pelosi rammed through because it will stop rising health care costs, as Rep Cao did,  is ridiculous.

Health care costs are based on factors not covered in this bill:

Medicare costs are determined by the government, regardless of the actual cost to the medical facility or doctor.

The cost of malpractice insurance for doctors, hospitals, and all medical personnel, is so great that some doctors are no longer practicing medicine.  Only the lawyers are benefiting.

The inability of insurance companies to sell health insurance nationally creates a monopoly in many states.

The patients have expectations that every ailment can be cured and demand more and more medical intervention, despite the fact that some diseases and conditions are incurable.

Patients demand that every test possible be run, and doctors fear lawsuits and the emotional and  financial costs associated with going to court.

To say that the government will run anything, let alone our health care system, and do it efficiently and BETTER than the patient can, is also ridiculous.

The government’s legacy of intervention in our private lives must stop now.  Otherwise, these are the repercussions we can expect:

Congress, the President, unions, and other Democrat supporters will undoubtedly be able to opt out of this system, increasing the costs for the rest of us.  And, while we’re being forced to comply with Pelosi’s idea of what is appropriate between our doctor and ourselves, “they” will be free to do as they think best!

Much higher private insurance companies premiums as insurance companies attempt to balance the lower costs paid by the government.  Medicare, by limiting doctor and medical reimbursement, may lower costs for some.  But, the rest of us pay for that pseudo reduction in our own medical bills, as well as in our taxes.

Pelosi’s bill will inflict severe financial and criminal penalties for those companies and people who do not comply with her ideas on health care.

Illegal aliens, who break the law by their very existence in our country, will be covered, no matter what the politicians say.

Government will have access to your private health records and even will have the right to come INTO YOUR HOME to inspect how you raise your children.  Undoubtedly, eventually, there will be mandates about what you eat, how you sleep, whom you live with, and even your physical fitness, all under the guise of “helping” Americans to a healthier life!

The Democrats rammed this legislation through, despite the American public saying they don’t want it.  The Democrats rammed it through on a Saturday night, knowing that news coverage would be less this way.  The Democrats gave away our children’s future, financial health by burdening them with an atrociously expensive bill that no one wants…..all so they could fulfill President Obama’s campaign pledge.  I.e., this entire health bill is a political animal, NOT a necessary act of legislation.

Isn’t it time to expect the Congress to truly represent us?  Isn’t it time to expect Congress to put their own health care where their mouth is?  Isn’t it about time for the American public to throw these liars out of office?

Lies, manipulations, rationalizations, and excuses, excuses were the only way to pass this beast!