Monthly Archives: September 2011

Elizabeth Warren….doesn’t understand personal responsibility

http://realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/09/21/elizabeth_warren_there_is_nobody_in_this_country_who_got_rich_on_his_own.html

Elizabeth Warren: “There Is Nobody In This Country Who Got Rich On His Own”

As Johnny Carson used to say,  “Wrong , Elizabeth Warren!”

And, it only takes one example to prove an assertion like Ms. Warren’s false.  Well, I have two perfect examples of people who pulled themselves up by their boot straps…a good old-fashioned, and American,  idea.

My mother and father both started out dirt poor and lived through the Great Depression.  Through countless hours of work, through scrimping, and through judicious investments, they are very secure.

My mother-in-law and father-in-law both began life with absolutely nothing.  They lived through the Great Depression, too.  Through countless hours of work, through scrimping, and through judicious investments, they are secure.

To say that their success is the result of living in America would imply  that EVERYONE living here will succeed.  If only the environment was the key to good fortune, there would be classrooms of geniuses.  Towns with one successful business would be filled with other successful businesses because the environment would be the same for all.  But, obviously,  many people did not succeed like my parents and my in-laws.  No. Considering that my parents and in-laws started out in the Depression and managed to change nothing into something is due solely to  their own hard work and nobody else!

Elizabeth Warren wants to reward society’s sloths with the earnings of hard-working Americans and that is just about as wrong as wrong can be!

Well, that is the Democrat’s usual priority because it buys votes.  But, it is untrue to give credit to society for the efforts of individuals.  It’s obvious that Elizabeth Warren just doesn’t understand personal responsibility in fostering America’s economic recovery!

Obamaesque Speeches

Ho hum.  Another day.  Another speech by Obama.

For some reason that eludes me, President Obama believes that his calling as President is to give speeches.  So, we have speeches all over the country, before the Joint Congress…..and, now…..before the UN!

Doesn’t he know that actions speak louder than words?  Doesn’t he realize he is no longer a professor with a class fawning at his feet?  Doesn’t he understand that he has to DO something to help our economic crises?  For example, how about presenting  a real budget with real numbers and real proposals, not just bland, amorphous and grandiose ideas?

Oh, no.  Obama is a guy who loves to hear his own voice even while he drowns out the cries of unemployed Americans.

Time to turn his microphone off!

Libs “just don’t get it!”

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/audience-tea-party-debate-cheers-leaving-uninsured-die-163216817.html

The first line of this news “report”  (what an oxymoron, mostly moronic, term) is based upon a false assumption.

 CNN)

If you’re uninsured and on the brink of death, that’s apparently a laughing matter to some audience members at last night’s tea party Republican presidential debate.Texas Rep. Ron Paul, a doctor, was asked a hypothetical question by CNN host Wolf Blitzer about how society should respond if a healthy 30-year-old man who decided against buying health insurance suddenly goes into a coma and requires intensive care for six months. Paul–a fierce limited-government advocate– said it shouldn’t be the government’s responsibility. “That’s what freedom is all about, taking your own risks,” Paul said and was drowned out by audience applause as he added, “this whole idea that you have to prepare to take care of everybody …”

Did the audience laugh?  Well, that is open to interpretation.

Were they laughing about a young man dying because he couldn’t afford insurance?  Not really.  So, what was the response of some in the audience?

Well, as usual, the lib media wants to present conservatives, especially Tea Party members, as cruel, inhumane, and generally, sub-human when their fellow Americans are being considered.  However, also as usual, the lib media made a false assumption.  And, you know what assuming does, right?  It makes an ass of u and me!

This writer, Rachel, assumed that the audience was laughing at a hypothetical man (and libs love using hyp stuff…like hypothetical, hyperbolic, hype….).  My opinion is that the audience was cheering, not laughing, and that they were cheering on the concept that this hypothetical story represented.  In fact, they were cheering one of our country’s founding principles….that of self responsibility.  This example was not about a real person, but whether it is the responsibility of government to provide total care for an American citizen or whether Americans want the freedom to choose their own future.

Conservatives fervently believe that each of us should pull our own weight although we do make exceptions for certain groups, such as the elderly, children, and those who are disabled.   However, we do NOT believe that these people should be used as political talking points nor do we believe, as libs so often do, that it is the responsibility of ONLY the “wealthy” to pay for all the entitlements libs want….usually because those entitlements are used as voting blocks for libs.  The more the libs hand out of someone else’s money to certain groups, the more likely re-election is.

It is interesting that libs constantly deride conservatives for conservatives purportedly being greedy and for not helping others.  Unfortunately, for libs, the fact is that conservatives, as a group, donate far more to churches, charitable organizations, and other charities, than do liberals.  That seems to indicate that part of the conservative philosophy is love of neighbor. Many libs seem to love their neighbors only when the neighbors vote the way libs want them to!

So, the reaction of some in the crowd was in favor of less government and more personal responsibility, not the desire to crush someone who is struggling!  The difference between what conservatives believe and what libs attempt to SAY conservatives believe is even bigger than the Federal Deficit, and that is saying something!

This story is only one of hundreds of epistles that libs write in the hopes of tearing down anyone who opposes their viewpoint.  This is only one example of false reporting and false reporting done to sway voters into believing an untruth. This is just more class warfare presented in the hopes of tarring conservatives.  AND, IT IS NOT TRUE.  So, please don’t believe everything you read….especially if a lib is writing it…. because Libs “just don’t get it”.

PBS cheats for Obama

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/09/pbs_alters_transcript_to_hide_obama_gaffe.html

There is a reason that most Americans don’t trust PBS and are encouraging any taxpayer funding to be stopped.

There is a reason that President Obama wants to continue funding this liberal media.

That reason was obvious when Obama misrepresented Lincoln’s early party affiliation. Here is what the American Thinker wrote:

At one point Mr. Obama made a major gaffe; he identified Abraham Lincoln as the founder of the Republican Party.

Lincoln did not join the Republicans until 1856, over two years after the party was founded. The first Republican convention was held in Ripon, Wisconsin in 1854.

Such a gaffe would have brought huge amounts of ridicule and derision on George W. Bush, but in the case of Obama the media yawned.

Actually, they did more than yawn; government-funded PBS has altered the transcript of the President’s speech, removing the offending comment.